Im doing music... whats next?

Guest Radhasonic

Hi,

Im from Mexico city. Im a DJ and music producer with my friend. We have some tracks, and obviously we are growing up. The problem is that here (mexico) we have almost any chance to release because we have no labels. We wanna know how can a Label listen to us? How do we have a chance to release a track on a compilation to promote us? I hope somebody help us, couse here in Mexico this movement is growing fast, but no labels to give the oportunity. Thanks for the replies.

Guest soliptic

Mate, the scene is international and you shouldnt feel restricted to your own scene !

let me tell you a bit about my own situation which might cheer you up...

i am from the uk... altho the scene in the uk is fairly good, it is very patchy, and the region where i live have no scene at all really. therefore i dont know any label owners from where i live. i am a total nobody in the psytrance world, no contacts, no connections, no releases, no nothing.

well, i hit the internet and goto sites like www.psynews.org and www.ektoplazm.com/astralogue/ and look up labels ... and also hang around on forums and soulseek, and see if anyone posts a message saing "we're looking for new artists" (this does happen - i saw messages like this from com.pact, kagdila, ektoplazm, demon tea...)... then i visit their homepage... look for a "contact" address... put a demo cd in the post...

after doing this a few times i got emails from one guy in finland and two guys in canada. since then also a dj from france and a manager from the usa. all these guys have stayed in touch with me, given me advice on my demos, what to improve, what they like and dont like... really helpful...

and one label (american) has agreed to release a track on a comp cd later this year (kagdila - pure planet)...

so as you can see none of these contacts i have are from my own scene... i just made them via the internet. my advice is just look out for labels which release comps/albums in the same style that u make...doesnt matter if they are from greece, italy, india or where ... send them a demo ... drop them an email, to check if they got it ... if your tunes are good they will reply :-)

Guest Radhasonic

Im again, hehehe

Well, as Ive read plenty of posts Ive noticed that many people is in the same situation. Maybe there are a lot of talented artists confused too. The matter is that I really can say that many of labeled artists really sound awful, boring, REALLY, not because Im the best, no!, but I can notice the difference and I say "Man!, what the hell do they have that in my worst times I didnt?!!!" hehehe. And I think many of you do. So, what did they [(not too good-everybody-sound-like "artists" (couse they seem more technicians, good synth sounds but nothing new, only famous artist copies)] do to join a label? Or what do all labels think before sign new artists? Do I need to be a GMS-ALien P-Astrix-Skazi-blah blah blah full on COPYCAT? Or only work hard and try to promote myself (ourselves) every time I can? Please help us, an I know youll do to many guys like us.

Keep reading

radhasonic

Guest soliptic

hmm i know what u mean ...i think

i also notice a vast amount of the psytrance being released nowadays BORES ME SENSELESS ... gms-skazi-blah-blah-blah as you put it. always the exact same kinda sounds, and sounds which i'll admit i havent yet made, but no particular soul in it whatsoever. and heaven forbid a melody or two, that would make it "goa" (which is "dead").

so i debated trying to make this style ... i'm sure if i put all the effort i usually put into soul and melody into synth programming i could duplicate their bass sound and scratchy wobbly noisy sound.... but ... still ...

i also hear plenty of excellent new psy being released ... so clearly some people still put out other stuff ... so i figure just carry on making what i want to make, any attempt to do anything else is just going to throw away the one thing i (or anyone) ultimately have going for me -- which is making tracks that nobody else could make ...

Guest Furgonauts

Radhasonic,

Im totally with you, the main problem I have found (being a total stranger in the scene, with no money power to support this expensive hobby), is that the access to the professional sound is restricted by the types of connections you have, the dollars or pounds that support you.

Me and my brother are exploring new grooves like the experimental shit some spanish ppl are doing, like esplendor geométrico or MSB. then to transport it to the traditional beat.

If youre interested we can share experiences, after all im mexican too, i live in torreon where the scene is pretty low sadly.

I posted this in english for other ppl to see that since the music software became so widely used, then everybody could began doing shit on their own.

Greetings to everyone out there trying to think out of the box!

Guest Furgonauts

Radhasonic,

Im totally with you, the main problem I have found (being a total stranger in the scene, with no money power to support this expensive hobby), is that the access to the professional sound is restricted by the types of connections you have, the dollars or pounds that support you.

Me and my brother are exploring new grooves like the experimental shit some spanish ppl are doing, like esplendor geométrico or MSB. then to transport it to the traditional beat.

If youre interested we can share experiences, after all im mexican too, i live in torreon where the scene is pretty low sadly.

I posted this in english for other ppl to see that since the music software became so widely used, then everybody could began doing shit on their own.

Guest Furgonauts

Radhasonic,

Guest furgonauts

Radhasonic,

Guest HUmanW@re

Have you ever Tried the SLSK mexpsytrance ROOM? :) there are lots Of procucers... making compilations just giving the other user the oportunity of knowing own/their music... You Should try it, I'm from mex too... :)

I think this is the best program ever cause you can share your very own albums or making Projects with ppl round the world...

greetings

www.slsk.org

Guest mantaray

hi man im from mexico too, i live in cholula puebla. i have a couple of tunes, and mostly i am preparing a live act to play at parties. i think this is the best way to get people to listen to your musik. i am organizing a party here in atlixco puebla, and if anyone has a live set ready and is willing to play is very welcome. also if someone out there is organizing parties and wants me to go for it it ,ill be very glad. i of course am still a nobody in the business, and i dont want to make any money, just to get exposure. the mexican scene rules, i think it a very good starting point. and i think people are getting tired of the old skazi-gms-alien project thing.. it ll be good to hear from you all.. same thing from other countries. by the way my musik can be heard at acidplanet.com: as "mantaray", but i think youll have to register...sorry about that..

saludos a toda la banda.

Guest mantaray

hi man im from mexico too, i live in cholula puebla. i have a couple of tunes, and mostly i am preparing a live act to play at parties. i think this is the best way to get people to listen to your musik. i am organizing a party here in atlixco puebla, and if anyone has a live set ready and is willing to play is very welcome. also if someone out there is organizing parties and wants me to go for it it ,ill be very glad. i of course am still a nobody in the business, and i dont want to make any money, just to get exposure. the mexican scene rules, i think it a very good starting point. and i think people are getting tired of the old skazi-gms-alien project thing.. it ll be good to hear from you all.. same thing from other countries. by the way my musik can be heard at acidplanet.com: as "mantaray", but i think youll have to register...sorry about that..

saludos a toda la banda.

Guest Furgonauts

Hey banda,

Everyone out there willing to exchange tapes, cds, experiences in the music making, from Mexico or from anywhere try emailing me at king01_99@yahoo.com, i have tried slsk and its a bless this program has joined the goaheads around the globe, its the only place i can download what im looking for

Furgo who?

Guest factor mazorca

hey mantaray, im from veracruz (i feel funny writting you in english :)), im a dj and producer.. i have a live act where i play with the machines and flutes and drums and other mexican stuff... you can chek some of my tracks in www.factormazorca.com well i'll like to go there and play some music... chido con la flota.....fallo hernandez ( factor mazorca)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest alejandro

hell-o evryone i´m a mexican starting producer and soon a sound engineer, and i agree that most of new act have the exact same sounds and besides everybody thinks that just buying a nord lead ana seuqencer can make u a good act it helps but imagiantion works too. anyone interested on getting in contact with me feel free it better to have good partnership when someone is starting., my e-mail is psylencex@hotmail.com(specialy for the mexican ones who posted their adds) keep on struggling