suggestions?

Guest rocko

I'm very new with music making and even newer with computers, i've started to goof arround with the fruit loops, but i don`t like it very much,

so can anyone tell me wich is the best program for making psy trance?

thnx

Guest Geeko

Um sorry, I did not mean you are stupid or anything. The point was that it does not so much depend on the program. If you are new, the Fruity is just enough. The thing is to learn it throughoutly (or to the point when you feel that you could definetly try something else), and then try something else if you feel the need. What I think is that instead of focusing to produce music of specific style you should just have fun and make some music and explore your tools. If psy is what you really like only, then fine, but to me experiementing is the key to find the music I want to make. Just tweak some sounds, make music with them and then move on and tweak and compose more. Psy is good starting point, just don't get too narrow-minded, or you end up makin same song over and over again.

And remember to make some structure, even very simple is good. Propably your first songs are something like minute long, but that´s good too. Think what you want and remember your experiements so by time your skill increases and you find your own ways. No one is blacksmith at birth (an old Finnish saying).

Remember:

Learning music is never ending process, no one has finished it yet. Neither will you. Or anyone. No music is better than another. Thinking and planning will make your composition proccess much more controlled. Do that.

Guest rocko

thanx man, i've already made 2 tracks (about 7 minute long each) with the fruity, i've also started some new stuff, but the point is that i want to try with something else to finish that and to improve the other ones that are complete.

Guest soliptic

if you want an app with which to "touch up" and "finish off" tracks which you have mainly made in fruity, try the likes of--

nuendo (my choice - its slick as hell)

cubase sx (pretty much the same thing, but with more midi features, less hi-end features)

cool edit pro (reasonable multitrack audio editor... several things annoyed the hell outta me when i used to use it, but that was a few years ago, maybe they fixed / improved)

acid (really good at throwing together pre-made loops/parts quickly, maybe adding a bit of fx or whatever... thats what its all about)

ableton live (ditto)

Guest Geeko

Eh, so you aren't that new, huh...

Now I have made a fool out of myself.. :)

Well you already got some advice. I haven't used Fruity, so can't really add anything smart. In handling audio I guess you could also try SoundForge out, if you already haven't.

Guest primitive brain

you can stay with fruity loops/if you tweak with it for some time you lll see that you can do things that you wouldnt imagine t at first/and then you can use cubase sx to add audio/midi tracks in your songs/or if you have a super pc you can load fruity as a vst in cubase and use them together!(use recycle to get and experiment with loops from reason/dont know why but i never liked that program xpt from the drum machine thing) : >

• 2 weeks later...
Guest blink

stick with fruity if you are comfortable with it man. then after you have exhausted it, and feel you are ready to move on, go to cubase, you can still create music with fruity as a plugin.

i recomend reason for people who don't have the big bucks to afford the setup to make music with cubase though. run it through cubase for your final mixdown, and add dynamics to the whole track to bring out your sounds. the rendering engine in reason sucks as bad as fruity

http://organicparadox.com/01downloads/bowi...mplete-59-1.mp3

http://www.organicparadox.com/01blink_trac...(short_mix).mp3

blink