you like voice samples?

Guest blink

hello all,

what's your opinion on voice samples in trance tracks? are having samples from antiquated movies and sci-fi flicks passe' now in this new world of psytrance?

i'm an old timer i guess. still get a chuckle out "mars needs women" (doof), and old miranda tracks. but as i make music now, trying to innovate, i wonder what the majority of you fluouronauts prefer.

i am currently creating a track now, and have been debating on whether it is the type of track that would benefit from some properly placed samples. i'll let you be the judge....

bowie's revenge

its still unfinished. kinda waiting on opinions before really cleaning it up. peace to you all

blink

"he who is pregnant with evil and concieves trouble, gives birth to disillusionment"...............God

Guest tetsuo

nah, i love em... sometimes.... especially when you know the movie or when yr watching the movie and the sample youve heard in a track starts...

i think theyre good cos it gives you something extra with a track, makes it stand out more but i feel its important not to base the track heavilly around a sample...

plus it gives me something to sing/say when im runing about my house...

"They gave me the lsd and they took me to their hotel room... i dont know what they did to me but i remember it was horrible.... They gave you what?... L.... S.... D....."

Guest soliptic

i love them, but then again, i am repeatedly told that my tracks are old fashioned, so i guess that answers your question.

Guest Pandable

I love them. I mean, I've got a track, Systema Sefiroticum (something from the jewish qaballah, look it up)... and the vocal sample fits it so perfectly. The vocal sample being: "Crisscrossing the torah, is a code of hidden words and phrases, that not only reveals our past and present, but foretells our future. Some even believe that it contains the actual blueprints of the universe."

Now you cant tell me that doesnt compliment the track. You just cant. :P

Guest eLeKTRoFaNT

Hell Yeah!

I Love when you hear a sample and can reqognize it from a good old movie...

as long as the sample fits in to the song, it´s all ok...

towelie: what do u mean?

I think 1200 mics is great!

the samples fit in perfectly in that songs.....

peace,out....

--------------

shrivatsua (russian crab)

• 1 month later...
Guest twisted neon

^hy!! my name is Twisted Neon(27), me and my "co" Hypnotist(20) are Dust Kingdom the first Algerian trance performers, i began producin' in 1996

with Cosmic Evo, but it was not satisfying!!it was new for the audience!

but now we are the most respected underground psytrance dj's and producers ! i want to make people undestand that we are not different and we can do the same as Infected Mushroom or Astral Projection...

bom shankar!!!!!

Guest twisted neon

^hy!! my name is Twisted Neon(27), me and my "co" Hypnotist(20) are Dust Kingdom the first Algerian trance performers, i began producin' in 1996

with Cosmic Evo, but it was not satisfying!!it was new for the audience!

but now we are the most respected underground psytrance dj's and producers ! i want to make people undestand that we are not different and we can do the same as Infected Mushroom or Astral Projection...

bom shankar!!!!!

• 2 months later...
Guest radhasonic

I love good movie samples too. Some times you remember a track because of the sample (as you said, LSDance), its like a cherry in a cake. So, if your tracks sounds good with the sample, go ahead, just do not use different concept samples (ex, if your track is about drugs, do not use love samples or mafia, or I dont fkn know, hehehehe)