Yamaha RM-50... the most underrated drum machine ever.

Guest Pandable

The rm-50's a rackmount drum machine made by yamaha during the mid 90s. And nobody seems to know about it. It sells for around 200 on ebay, has 500 presets and 500 user spaces, 16 voice polyphony (some would argue 32, we arent sure on this). Stereo/mono outputs, and individual outs for each instrument. It's also something of an analog modeling digitahybrid. Let me just say - this produces the fattest, meatiest kick drum known to mankind. It can do 808/909 style stuff, or real drums, depending on what waveform you use. Cant clone the x0x's too well, but makes great stuff of it's own (read on). It has a lot of waveforms to choose from, and ports to import new ones. God, this thing rules for your traditional 4/4 stomp. Sure, it cant do 808/909 cloning too well, but if you try, it just comes out sounding better than an x0x... I love this box to death. i'd take this over a 909 any day.

Guest Rikard

Please, let us hear some audiosamples! Make some loops to prove what it can do. U really caught my interest. BTW, i can host some audioclips if u need space (mail me).

Guest Andreas of Amygdala

Hahaaa, are you a Yamaha sales rep.? Nono, just kidding... It's wonderful to have a machine that you really care for... I feel the same way about my vocoder - although it's a cheap crappy one :)

I need more beer....

.oO Andreas Oo.