NordLead3 Vs Computer????

hello guys..

I finally managed to get myself a Clavia NordLead3 from a friend of mine.

But now to the problem:

Do I need a midiinterface or can i just plug it in with my midicable into a connection that looks like a Joystickconnection??

Cause i have got a major problem with my Mc505 and Midi, that doesnt work at all.

Is that the thing? Just a Midicable into the computer and that should be it??

As you probably understand, I´m not very good in computers.

Bye for now my friends....

Guest poliisi

You need to have a soundcard which has midi (and i suppose you do because you have that joystick port)

What do you mean by attaching nord and computer. Have the nord as a midi keyboard (playing software synths etc) or have a midi track in your computer that controls your nord? (You make ready midi track that "plays nord for you")

And what soundcard do you have. Is it a "real" soundcard or integrated to the motherboard?

Hello..

Thanks for fast answers..

I do have a very poor integrated soundcard and today I have ordered a new computer, but i still need a good soundcard, you have any suggestions?? I only need a card with a Midi connection..

Ok, I am going to use my Nord as a Keyboard and record "live" into cubase..

So, it wont work without a Midiport??? Because my friend were at my house and plug his Synth in and it worked perfectly and all we had was a midicable that converted to a serialport (printercable), maybe it´s my fucking cable that sucks.

I´m going to a nervous breakdown soon.. he he

Guest neliö-eliö

hey

if you only need a card with midi, then almost any card with a joystick port will do if you have one of those cords that plug into the joystick port

Guest poliisi

About soundcards: I just bought Terratec EWS88MT and I've been totally satisfied with that.

If you're using Midi to play live in cubase, I recommed you to buy good soundcard so you won't get awful big latencys.

And there's so many soundcards that I won't take the responsibility of recommending any of those. Suit yourself, there's lotsa options