spinning psy trance

ive been wanting to get into spinning psy trance for quite a while now and im wondering what is some good equipment to start out with and is it worth learning these days, also is it fun, whats some good equipment and wheres some good stores to get vinyls from...

peace

How do you make it spin?

Guest poliisi

In my opinion, only suitable option is to buy second-hand (or of course new, if possible!) Technics 12xxmk2 turntables and some mixer.

Good quality on turntables makes the spinning more fun and it isn't so hard to practice the mixing if you have good equipment (read: you won't get bored of trying to mix with bad equips)

But just IMO.

sure there is other turntables that are also good, but technics is kinda standard and if you get bored with playing, you can sell those turntables the same price you bought, if bought second hand. In other words the second hand technics' value won't go down. It's that way at least here in Finland. Dunno 'bout the rest of the world

if you were serious i would purchase pioneer cdj 1000's, this seems to be the standard in psy/goa mixing. i find that its hard to find alot of good tracks on vinyl, and in this scene, track selection is everything. if they are too pricy i would go with the 100's or the 700s models.

Guest poliisi

It's true that you can't find all new songs on vinyl. But it's also true that some songs are published only on vinyl...

and I could say a thing or two about pioneer cd-players but because these things are just opinions, I wisely shut my mouth right now.

Guest j sainsbury

have you ever seen some one stop in the middle of a dj set and say "but this tune is off-key"??? NO! who gives a crap, off key sounds more weird, wrong, and definatly more fucked up and psychadelic

Guest poliisi

quote:Vinyl is ridiculous.

Why? No pitch control

When you change the tempo of one track it may be 1/4 a step off key or something but with CDs you can hold the pitch or change it so the songs are the same key

That's why there is thing called dj'ing skills. You just have to choose the songs that go together well. It's no matter on Pioneer's master tempo.

• 1 month later...