Soft VS Hardware solution???

It is part of the western disease to endlessly debate without ever reaching a conclusion.

Hardware synths are great... Switches, knobs, dials, convenience, portability. Software synths are also great, low cost, great performance, zero size and weight and no parts to wear out. I use both.

Guest ehcsztein

I haven't "really" played much with the soft-synths etc...inability to feasibly integrate into live setup is the main reason...

but this keyboard got me to thinking that the best of both worlds could be achieved...

though if i had the $$ to get one of these i know i wouldn't...so take that for what its worth...

and yes there are many debates such as this that will never be resolved...i like to think that it helps development of new products in both arenas...the challenge for an unachievable superiority etc etc etc

It looks nice... I assume it doesn't actually exist at this time, since those images are as virtual as the VSTi's it will host.

Perhaps I will put my PC into a rackmount case and sell it to myself as a hybrid hard/soft synth?

Knowing me I'd end up charging myself more than the $2000 asked for the Eko!

:-(

Guest spiralix

starting under $2000

Hmm, sounds like some kind of hokes.. its a trick! :) hehe!

well, atleast i think so, untill i see it with my own eyes in a store and they taking that price for it!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest thegreatmagnet

sounds shady... if they came up with a way to boot a windows xp system instantly then the creators of this keyboard would have died in a mysterious car accident awhile ago...