soft synth question..

Guest funghetto

hi guys. i've been trying to make some music with cubase for almost a year now, and i have many soft synths, like absynth, reaktor, junglist, sh-101, waldorf attack, etc., but i still haven't been able to produce something with enough quality. is it because i still have a lot to learn about them, or should i just change for the hardware option? ?

any opinions...?

Same difficulty here. i think it is a or or thing. i think that if you got talent you can make music even without using hard or software and let it sound great. i am experimenting for almost a year now with samesort software and one of my opinions is that it's best to combine hard and software and use it togeter. for example......buy a nordlead 1,2 or 3. use cubase and soundforge or whatever you like and combine a real synth with vsti, dx plugin and vst plugin. this is for a start. then maybe buy some more equipment if you like, like hardware gate, delay, reverb etc etc.

my own experience is that i like to turn real knobs and want to feel the power in my hands not by only using my mouse.

Guest Reflekshun

I know quite a few producers that use only softsynths and their results are bloody fantastic, totally professional and warm. What you need is to find some newer synths.. sample quality and choice are very important in sounding good. and just as much - effects quality.. VERY important!! what sort of software effects do you use?

There are two soft-synths that are imho the greatest of our time atm:

z3ta+ and albino

they are bloody fantastic. with albino you could very faithfully reproduce the virus sound. anyway what do you mean by "enough quality"? A year of producing is not nearly enough for most people to get that professional sound. So don't dispair! :) good luck!