To 'russ' re: Kostas

Well Kostas is half of Magus.

We have had many DJs in Melbourne this summer but I'd have to pick him as the best for the summer season so far.

I have seen him play a few times over the last 2 or 3 months and each time it has been different.

Sunday afternoon he played a small party in a club; It was early evening - he played at about 4pm for maybe 2.5 hours: very funky trax - i have to say i didnt know most of them, but he did play some Filur, Paste, Charasmatix and also many trax that did not sound familiar to me - he created a really great energy.

He then played again at about 9pm-12am - this time it was harder, but still funky and very uplifting: Adrenochrome, Nuclear Ramjet, Bitmonx and more and more...

He also played the best set at the New Years party, French Island - around 1am - 3:30am - night-time madness but still funky and controlled...Tegma, Triplex, Yumade -

His mixing was spot on - beatmixing and cross-f -

obviously i am impressed by Kostas!

If u r serious about hiring him for Japan, i will put him in touch with you -------

hi MK, would you mind sending me his e-mail address? just drop it off at mindgames_hq@hotmail.com. i can't make any definite offers now, but you have convinced that he is someone i should check out.

cheers

I will get it from him tonight and then email u ---------

btw, Magus are no longer - they have 1 more party in Greece and then they go their seperate ways...

one more question, kostas's partner in magus now makes tracks by himself as igneous sauria, right? some of those tracks are really amazing. does the other guy play dj sets? and is kostas pursuing a solo project as well, outside of psy trance perhaps?

Firstly: I'm not sure how keen Kostas is on the trip. Only bcoz he is all ready goin to Japan in April for a few gigs - so check him out there. I have passed yr email on to him and he will get in touch with you.

2. Igneous Sauria is Kristos - but he doesn't dj, only plays live. His album is coming out in July on Creamcrop

thanks for all the info. i will for sure catch him if he comes out here. i am very "picky" so it's great to have a chance to check him out. and if he's tired of the flying, there is always next year. am also very curious to see who would book him over here. i know all the organizers, and they are mostly a conservative crop (stick to the same people), and i didn't think that they would even know who he is. i'll see soon...

Guest bugbread

I can/t really speak for any of the organizers, but if an artist is big but you can/t guess which organizer would be progressive enough to invite them, the answer is usually Anoyo.