Kwik Korg Question...

Guest Mike Dwyer

I finally have my new pc and some software. I also saved enuff to get a good keyboard as I"m taking piano lessons n bass guitar lessons and my piano is a bit old and not that great. I am interested in the Korg MS2000 series and wanted to get and opinion(s)?? Thanks :-)

Guest DeeperNETWERK

The ms2000 isn't too bad of a synth. Only things you should worry about when you buy it, is... It's a low budget Korg synthesizers, it's gonna have a plastic sound. And the biggest draw back of this synth is that it only can play back 2 multitimbral parts at once. So, if you plan to sequence a whole track from one synth, you're gonnna have to mix down your parts whenever you're done with one part.

If you can afford it then you could buy a Novation Supernova II. It has similar features to the Korg but is much more capable. If your budget won't stretch then you could get a Novation K-Station. Similar to Korg but powerful sounds and low price. On the downside, it has a very small two octave keyboard.