HELP: How to record external synths knob movements in frutty

Guest dark tb

Hi!

I've a novation nova and i want to record knob movements that send MIDI CC on frutty loops.

I can assing a 'knob' on a midi channel to a CC and use 'Edit Events' to control the synth but i can't save the knob movements performed on the synth itself (external)

Do i have to switch to cubase sx :(

thanks,

jonnhy digital

Hi

Open a midi out channel, set a port to it, set that same port number in your midi preffrences, look in your nova manual for the midi implamentaion and find the number for the CC you want. Assign that number to any of the knobs on the midi out.

That should do it.

Kits

Hi

Open a midi out channel, set a port to it, set that same port number in your midi preffrences, look in your nova manual for the midi implamentaion and find the number for the CC you want. Assign that number to any of the knobs on the midi out.

That should do it.

Kits

Hi

That should do it.

Kits

Yes you do have to switch to Cubase Sx. Not because you can't record knob twiddling in Fruity. Simply because Cubase is 100 times easier to use and much more capable than Fruity.

Kits: When you post a message on this forum.. It usually comes up with an error message. You rightly assume that your post wasn't sent and so you go back and post again and again. Just assume that your message was received when u see that dumbass error message.

Kits: When you post a message on this forum.. It usually comes up with an error message. You rightly assume that your post wasn't sent and so you go back and post again and again. Just assume that your message was received when u see that dumbass error message.

:-)

Guest dark tb

Author: kits (---.hrz.netvision.net.il) Date: 12-23-02 06:35

>Hi

>Open a midi out channel, set a port to it, set that same port number in

>your midi preffrences, look in your nova manual for the midi implamentaion

>and find the number for the CC you want. Assign that number to any of

>the knobs on the midi out.

>That should do it.

>Kits

That alone didn't work: I could send CC's to the synth with frutty knobs but the CC's from the synth knobs weren't reaching frutty.

To send CC's from the synth knobs to frutty i had to configure the 'link to controller' settings to the appropiate knob in frutty.

However there's somekind of conflit between the synth and frutty so the CCs are not accurate.

If i get this to work i'll post it here, there might be someone else interested.

Happy New Year,

jonnhy digital

Guest dark tb

I got it to work now.

the CCs were not inacurate: i had configured the know from 64-127 instead of 0-127 (I was trying to limit the knob range, but it doesn't work well - at least in my present situation)