Replace my Audiophile - with..?

Hi all,

Looking for a new SC, replacing my Audiophile 2496. Not that it's bad, just missing some ins/outs etc.... Considering one of these:

- ST Audio (Hoontech) DSP24 Media 7.1

- TerraTec DMX 6fire 24/96

Anyone have any experience with them?

Elsewhere I've been pointed in the direction of RME's Hammerfall or their PCIBus with Multiface - quality no doubt, but a bit steep for me right now since I'm about to invest in Sonar 2 at the same time - and hey, I can always upgrade the SC again later! ;)

Anyway, I'd be grateful for any input on the above cards.

Hrrm.... while I'm at it (I know, maybe asking for too much!? :D), any thought on Sonar 2 vs. 2XL? Are the extra toys in XL worth the price diff (here in Sweden the prices are 400 USD / 565 USD for 2/2XL respectively)?

Peace,

[eOi]

Why don't you invest in Cubase SX? It's much better but maybe it's more expensive? (I don't know how much Sonar costs). I've tried pretty much all of the sequencers out there.

DMX-6 is good. It's not too expensive either.

Feathers.

• 2 weeks later...

Ivan:

Sorry, I already have a buyer here in Sweden...

Feathers:

Sonar - got it just before x-mas... started out with me reading about Sonar's rewire implementation being so great (I use Reason 2 and wanna expand on that), and some mag reviews etc. Might be that Cubase SX is better? Oh well, I'm happy so far! :)

And yeah, Cubase is a bit more expensive, too.