can anyone give some Synth suggestions?!

Hello every one! I`m wondering if someone could give some suggestions about synths. its the first one Im about to buy..

I have been thinking of buying one of these: Virus c, Waldorf XT, Kurtzweil K2000 or a Korg Triton....

It's so hard to decide they all cost to much money!!!

I hope somone can help me!

thanks!

daniel

Guest themessenger

well forget kurzweil of korg for goa music go for virus or waldorf or mayby novation i just buy one of these and its absolutly freak ou synth !

Don't get a Triton, it's very un-psy...

I have a Virus KC and I love it...quite a beast.

Virus, Nord Lead, Supernova...all pretty good synths, just go to a music store to check em out. Between Sam Ash and Guitar Center (assuming you're in America) they had all of those and more. Those are pretty expensive though, although I'd say worth it for sure.

Guest Elysium Project

Well I used the korg Triton on my last CD....And my CD is indeed Goa and psy....so I dont really think you peps know enough about the Triton to say it's not good for goa :)

BUT Korg Triton is very complicated to program so I would suggest that you get a less complicated synth with knobs that you can twist....Maybe the Virus or Nord Lead???

It also depend what you want from the synth? Do you want squeecky sounds. atmospheric sounds ect?

Good luck

any synth can do... old or new, analog or digital, big or small....

what I like to do is find synths/racks that are both powerful and somewhat rare, or at least not commonly used by others... Gives a different edge to your music. Plus, I think we're all pretty much tired of hearing the VIrus over and over again.

uuuummmmmmm........

virus.

although a waldorf xt/xtk is no joke either.

no man scratch that...get a fizmo

hehe.

(actualy i like to get a fizmo)

i would steer clear of the triton. if ep got it sound good well then hes the first one to do so. i think that thing sounds like crap. flat caned steril sounds as far as im concerned.