Micro Korg & Vocorders

I am looking for a vocorder.

A salseman showed me the new micro korg.

It does not look impressive, but neither does a tb303.

Anyone here use one? Any comments on it's use / quality?

I hear the access virus has a vocorder built into it.

Which virus (a,b, or c) has a vocorder built in?

Is this just an "in" jack that you could plug a microphone or any 1/4 jack to use the virus' filter? Or is it a built in mic. like on the micro-korg.

Also, The micro-korg only lets the voice sound through it's filter when a key is pressed. It then mixes your voice with the synth sound. Is this a fundemental function of a vocorder or can some just allow the input/voice to pass through the filters in the synth?

I want a quality vocorder and if it is in a quality synth I could save a lot of time and money.

Any help is appreciated.

thank you

• 3 weeks later...

Checkout the Novation K-Station. It's a very reasonably priced synth and it has great sounds. It has a vocoder and audio input as oscillator which means you can create some very unique and interesting effects. You could for example feed the output from a sampler or other synth to the audio in.

The ultimate synth in my books, is the Novation Supernova 2. It has a 40 band vocoder and extremely powerful synthesiser.

If I had to choose between K-Station, Korg MS 2000 or Microkorg, I'd go for K-Station (it has more voices as well!). Novation have a new synth out now so you can check that out as well.

:-)

Feathers.