20+ synths in EVERY of my track, how's about that?> :PPPP

Guest BrainStorm

hey

I am from israhell, im making progressive psytrance music with REASON software and i use NO other software/hardware

most of the ppl say - you need cubase, vsti, other stuff to produce anything nice.. i am not agree. Nothing you need else, but Reason - u dont believe? try my tracks.. see what reason is able to produce.

band: BrainStorm

http://www.mp3.com/whoracle

try first 9 tracks on that page (album "Anything Is Nothing 2003"), the tracks come in actual cd order.. just push "hi-fi play" and E.N.J.O.Y

before u listen, notice:

1) EVERYthing in EVERY track was mastered on purpose, nothing is random

2) i use NO LOOPS and no foreign material (besides really few guitar things)

3) this music isnt repetitive and very complex (20+ synth lines in every track)..... you need to get a few listens to understand what's going on and why some passages and effects doesnt seem to be in the right place, when u listen to it for the first time

4) the quality is still not that commercial, but im very close to the sound i always dreamed of.. i got no studio, its all software-made besides 128kbps mp3s cant really handle this sound nice, actual cd got much more clear, rich and sharp sound

best luck to all with everything

let me know what you think !!!!!!!!!!!! :)

hmm, i dont know if i got the right track. i couldn´t open the "anything is nothing" link, so i opend a track below named "anything is nothing"

it got guitars in the beginning...and as far as i know you cant "play" guitar in reason, unless you got it sampled, and if you use samples from other things i guess you could make some pro stuff with it. and how do you work the 303?, i dont recognise the reason sound at all. maybe i got the wrong track i dont know. but if i did got the right track and you made this with reason i must say that im impressed. I would never have guessed it was made just with reason.

Guest BrainStorm

there no wrong tracks mate

first nine (9) tracks on that page were done with reason only

guitars are surely played through the sampler, few fx are also samples - all the rest, including 303s, novas, korgs, drums and any other synths u hear inside any track were done with reason's subtraktor or malmstorm

thanks for nice words, it matters u know

BrainStorm

not very good :o) with all the talk of it up...i'm really upset by the quality...eh : ) the synth sounds aren't that great. the whole track sounds like it should be on hypnotic records if you took out some parts. not to be hurtful but don't hype yerself up if your'e not up there yet ;o

oh yea also check Instruments

TS404, TB303, TR909, Roland Juno, Yamaha, SuperNova, Akai, Kawai, Korg... too much to define all of them here heheh...so yo udon't exactly only use reason

u gotta get a better mixing board. some sounds are nice but they don't mix well...need eqing...

Guest BrainStorm

for my 2 recent albums I use ONLY reason, man

its able to produce sounds of all those synths + MUCH more

i got no any hardware at my place, even no midi keyboard and i hate cubase and such.

about the quality - i got no mixing board and i dont want to eque anything

BrainStorm

• 2 weeks later...

listened to the track "Smell The Color".

your levels are way off on your mixer man. your highs should be brought down a bit, and the kick you are using are pretty soft. the composition isn't very coherhrent, although the sound choice is intersting. i used reason for quite a while myself. you might want to try making a simpler more straight forward track, and use the compressor alot more in your parts. not just connected to the mixer, but chained from each device that is too full in sound. if you would like to hear a sample of what i did, go to my website www.organicparadox.com and download grimmel. hate to say it, but i like reason and all, but i switched to cubase and i am so glad i did. the sound quality in reason's rendering engine sucks all by itself.

Guest BrainStorm

@BLINK

firstly really big thanks for the feedback, just i think you didnt notice one of my posts for this thread where i said the tracks i posted are demo only with low quality

actual sound is way different from those mp3s, all the frequences are ok, believe me ;)

thanks for advices about removing some stuff but im not gonna do that, man.. as i posted before - im not interested to make music by someones advices, so i'll get to the common trancy sound which im really trying to avoid :P

second - i've heard ur grimmel track

well, its not my style, to say the truth i dont think i'll listen your track again but i must admit - nice quality and.. well its "empty" for me, although you got there few nice synth sounds which i liked.

yet im not agree with you about Reason. This piece of software is able to produce very high and sharp sound, even if you got no expensive sound card.

BrainStorm

www.mp3.com/whoracle

well good luck man. i've finally got some great monitor speakers and i promise, if you don't at least route your tracks through cubase or some other program, your music will sound like shit when playing over loud speakers. i hate to bash reason because i do love that prog, but that track grimmel did nothing but show me the limitations of reason. if you mixdown, compare it to cubase sx, and you will hear the difference. sorry to come down so hard on your tracks earlier. they are yours and you should be proud. most people can't even make a full track.......

good luck,

blink

well good luck man. i've finally got some great monitor speakers and i promise, if you don't at least route your tracks through cubase or some other program, your music will sound like shit when playing over loud speakers. i hate to bash reason because i do love that prog, but that track grimmel did nothing but show me the limitations of reason. if you mixdown, compare it to cubase sx, and you will hear the difference. sorry to come down so hard on your tracks earlier. they are yours and you should be proud. most people can't even make a full track.......

good luck,

blink

good luck,

blink