Digital Sun

Guest combeferre

I wonder if anyone out there can tell me something about Digital Sun? I've got their album The Spiral of Power and I *really* love it, which is unusal since I'm normally not a fan of the older-sounding melodic stuff, but this music pushes all the right buttons...does anyone know what ever happened to this guy/guys/girl/girls? In the "goa artist list" on this site it mentions sebastian kruger of tarsis as being a member, but next to his name Digital Sun isn't blue indicating that he hasnt made an album under the digital sun name..is this a mistake, or is there someone else responsible for this album? And I know this sort of question is difficult to answer since music's a very personal thing, but can anyone think of another artist(s) that have a similar sound, I've heard lots of melodic stuff but none of it sounds quite like this. Any ideas or info about this person/people? Most importantly is there any other digital sun albums floating around out there?? Thanks : )

Guest [tom jaimz]

Digital Sun was Linus Wessel [ex-Tarsis, now Space Fish], Seb Kruger [Tarsis, G-Lock, SB] and Victor Harder, who I don't know anything about.

Velvet [another tentacle of the Global Trance Network octopus] released a bunch of assorted Digital Sun tracks last year as "Re-Collection". All the tracks are of the Spiral of Power era, so I'm sure you'll like it.

I'm sure You won't find any artist similar to digital sun.

"Re-Collection" has almost the same tracks as in Spiral Of power it's kind of reedition, there's only 1 or 2 different tracks. It's early Tarsis production, maybe the most similar will be Tarsis