burning vinyls to cd's

I use the computer and a sound card that has RCA jacks in (input) and run a RCA cable from your stereo (output) to your computer, use a program such as sound forge or wave lab and record. Have fun.

rent a pro-level cd recording device. these babies burn real-time, all you have to do is send the (please, GROUNDED) turntable's output into it and let the vinyl play. You'll get MUCH higher quality with a single step procedure like this than what people usualy do (turntable -> mixer -> soundcard -> cd). And renting equipment for a day or two is dirt cheap.

The more you fuck around with the signal the worse your recording will become-leave all the cracks/noises etc on it. You can't do it digitally but all you need is a RCA cord that will plug straight into youy turntable-I record straight to DAT using this method and it sounds great. I have also just recieved some cds from someone who recorded them onto cd and cleaned them up using a computer and they sounded fucking terrible.