reasonners(II) wanted ;-)

Guest Bodhisattva

Hey, i was talking with slidingtrancer about making a song in reason and just do something with it and send it to the next guy, he modifies it again and so on, eventually well have a reason song where a load of guys have worked on and maybe it has been around the world.I do NOT want to make cash with it (read it again out loud NO CASH)

I propose to make a psy nr @ 145- 148 Bpm.

If intrested let me know and i start something....

Please send me an e-mail.....

Regards

Bodhishattva

No projects , no nothing, just a kick ass international song !!!!!!!

Maybe we could send it to psynews for the contest:)

Guest Bodhisattva

Well, if you have time NOW you start one :D

i am working now so for the next 6 hours and unfrtunatly i have no reason here :)

Start something up,send it, and well see ok ?

Regards

Bodhi

Hmm, very nice idea. Has some flaw though: if somebody in the queue modify he parts he don't like, the idea of previous maker(s) might be lost. First you should make a bunch of rules participants have to keep to. Rules like: how big additions one may apply, how much of present stuff is allowed for removal, how big samples might be used, etc.

Would it be Reason 1 or 2? Still it would be quite simple song, if just Reason is used.

I'm usually using Reason along with Sonar and other synths, but count me in, if you like. This is definitelly going to be fun.

yeah i was thinking about this in bed last night.

1: something like no extra(other than the standard ones) samples over 100kb

2:After you've finished your part make an empty sequencer track at the top of what you've done and put your name on it.

3:Floating around with the reason file should be a txt file saying breifly what you've done.

4:If you want to change something drastically email your changes to the person who made that part and ask them if they mind.

5:Umm maybe no more than approx. 2 mins of new material.

6:Only Reason 2 (or 1) because not everyone has the plugins or hardware or software that u do, and it won't be that basic! cheak out my songs at www.mp3.com.au/psyn they were made eintirly in reason. But you could make samples if u want.

please expand on these rules if neccecary and i'll get started on the song. If someone has a bit of time and some spare web space maybe they could set up a crappy text based website where we can upload it... or somethgin like that.

Who ever wants it next email me.

_Psyn

Join the Collabalution! =]

Umm i've done the first part now i need some one to send it to, i'll send it to Bodhisattva first umm yeah thers only one sample, a kick and it's about 18kb.. Umm yeah if ppl have icq write them up here.

So long for now and i hope you like what i've done (don't hesitate to change anything!)

_Psyn

Guest Bodhisattva

ok ok !! al you guys, it seems to be a succes :)

I am building a website for it , currently it is http://holygreel.cjb.net:20031

But you wont see anything usefull yet , chek again tomorrow, i will read al these replys tonight , bundle them, answer the questions and figure out some rules:)

Make sure you visit the site tomorrow it will be there !!!!!!

somer answers

Wel,

normally only reason 2 is supported because the malstrom kicks ass :)

145-146-147 Bpm, it can be adjusted along the track i goes ;-)

rest: will be answered asap...

If anyone has MSN messenger and wants to participate in the organization concerning this mather feel free to bug me:

sjaarel@hotmail.com :(

I hope to have something going before the end of this week !

Regards and catch you later !

I think using reason 2 is a bit mean..

I got reason 1, and other software.. with experience a plethora of sounds can be created.. who needs granular synthesis!!

Guest Bodhisattva

Euh why drive a lada when you got a porsche?

Dont panic Check out the site http://holygreel.cjb.net:20031

There you can read that there will be a High processing section (reason II) and a low processing section, participate where you like..... I want to give all reason users the chance to do something..

And with external software you can make samples as much as you like BUT it must all fit in reason, that is the meaning of the thing !!

Because i work on expensive material with a lot of CPU power and dsp powerd soundcards the songs i can make in reason 2 will NOT run on lets say a pIII 700 so i had to make the second section, ofcourse reason one sounds fine but the more synths the better no? Stating that it aint so is .... hell yeah , crazy maybe ?

Please MAIL me for your participation bodhisattva@pandora.be

this is NOTHING commercial i dont earn a buck with it and i spend my private bandwith for it ... so if ntressted in joining please mail me!

Bodhi

Ps: I will add some modifications every day to the site, tomorrow there will be a forum for follow up's and a file section to up and download files, only people who join will have acces to the download section for the project, the guests can only download MP3 formats of the songs we are making