Wizzy Noise Synth Leads

I.E Wizzy Noise-the end is here [3dvision]

Is Layering a techinique they use, running 6 channels or more of the same modeled synth instrument, moving parallel, at different cuttoffs using various delay effects.

Does anyone have any other ideas on what techinques are used to create some of their crazy lead-lines?

That's simple: this technique is called "imagination".

Not the first time I read somebody who wants to recover some cool lead of some psy artist. But don't you have invetion enough to figure out some own sounds???

Guest coriolis

there is merit in copying the artists you respect - its a learning process. once you've figured out how to copy wizzy noise synth leads then you can better understand the whole range of creative possibilities open to you. its like being able to draw - if you can't draw what you see, how can you draw what you imagine?

but, i think imitation is good only for a learning tool. once you've learned it, move on to your own creative ideas. but how can you implement good creative ideas if you can't understand the stuff other people have done?

but in the end i agree with e.t. - you ultimately gotta come up with your own techniques and styles, and there is limitless possibility there.

Ough, I didn't know it's for learning purpose... :)

In this case, alright, learn, learn and once again learn... But watch out not to learn only how to imitate.

The problem is that some artists want to keep their ideas only for theirselves, they don't want them to be copied by other. Sometimes some sounds are gained by a lot of processes, so it's not a shame if you don't know how to recover it. And sometimes it requires the exact gear the original author has.

Guest coriolis

honestly, i think the reason producers want to protect their production 'secrets' is purely egotistical - they want to hold on to the power it gives them and they just LOVE it when fans are like 'how did they do that???' because they become these mysterious super-humans in the minds of their listeners.

well, whatever. that attitude just makes bad music proliferate. think of all the people out there who have the inspiration and mind-power to make beautiful music but are kept out of these secret cults of knowledge that more experienced producers use.

i've spent too long climbing the ladder of production without any freekin help and i'm tired of it and i'm gonna help anyone beneath me on that ladder that i can.

coriolis

• 3 weeks later...
Guest thenothing

couldn't agree more coriolis...thats a very good attitude you have there.

(sorry, nothing constructive to add in regards to the original topic)

-Dan