About plugins - how do those bastards work?!?

Guest Andreas of Amygdala

Hi guy. I have a mac, and I'm deeply embaressed to ask: How do I plug my plugins in? I have installed Reaktor and some other VST-instruments, but my logic (4.7) doesn't see them - or maybe it's just me. The files from the VST are in the correct folder inside the Logic folder, so that's not the prob...

And also - the effect plugins work fine, so I'm sure the installing went fine. I just can't find the instruments in Logic...? Where the devil are they?

Thanks in advance! :)

Guest Andreas of Amygdala

That's just it :) - are you sure there are .dll's in the mac versions? I've checked that folder, and there are plenty of files there, but the filetype is just "document"... And since the effects from Reaktor works fine, that's hardly the problem...?

Thanks anyway :)

go to folder option and choose show all files options. .dll files are hidden mostly. if nothing then do find *.dll in the folder that u unpacked the plugin files.

by the way...old versions of reaktor arent VST, make sure you got a newish version...think i used to have version 2.3 and it wasnt VST, standalone only.....btw, get the triangle from www.rgcaudio.com...dunno if its Mac compatible, but its worth a look