The always-asked question: Which progs?

Hei all !!

I've decided to try out my skillz in the GOA-genre, but how do I manage that? First of all, I've bought Reason 2.0 and SoundForge 4.5. But what more do I need? Which programs is it, that makes the sounds, and which one only manages sounds - like i.e. Cubase is a sound-manager, right? Cubase doesn't really make sounds, does it? And do I need a keyboard and so on?

I want to make dark-minimalistic trance, similiar to Reefer Decree and other Iboga acts. Which progs are in this case, the best?

I know this question has been asked a lot.. but I hope you can help me anyways ;}

Btw: Please add some links, to the programs you advise me to use, otherwise I'm only left with a name, and don't know what to do... !

Thanks!!

//IFGY

U can do a lot with only Reason2 and SF. You just have to learn it, get to

know it, abuse it and use it.

;)

A good masteringtool would be good to have too. 'cus I find it rather hard

to make really phat basslines with Reason.

iZotope Ozone or T-Racks are good masteringtools I think.

Sorry, I don't have any URLs to T-racks.. :(

click here to read about iZotope Ozone

Guest JopOff

To have a prepared sound system on your PC ......Cubase 5 or SX for Arranging the waves and your midi... yes it has cool effects...It is good toeffect out the sounds and create a really characteristic sound..... Sound forge is really usefull to generate psykicks and basic waves I am using the Snd Forge 6...To make minimal i would recommend Fruity loops too...

Overall

Cubase (To arrange)

Sound Forge (To generate) :)

Plug ins (synth)Vsti

Keyboard ( if U wanto make your own melodies)any midi

Reason

Fruity Loops (for minimal)

REAKTOR

Actually what u have now is very good ,but i would have sequencer like cubase to put everything together Reason as a sequencer is not that good

Thanx all !!

I'm very, very gratefull ...!!

And to JoP0ff ...!! Uhmn .. I've BOUGHT Reason 2.o ... so NOOO !! I want to donate to the community, not abuse it!!

Btw: Do anyone have links to info on Fruity Loops, REAKTOR and some cool plug-ins ... thank you !!

//IFGY