like my music?

Guest blink

nice sporatic build, good use of looped rythms with delay. the bassline is weak, but the kick is nice. as the song progresses the track seems to get lost in its own sounds until the last 2 minutes or so. it then sounds pretty nice, all sounds coming together, but the rhythm at that point is so repetitive that it really doesn't climax. in all though for a minimal psytrance track this one is pretty clean, and well defined in sound. i prefer more full on stuff, but congrats to you both.

what equipment/software was used?

Guest inkubator

hi blink

thanx for your honest opinion and thanx for your nice words. what do you mean with "the bassline is weak"? do you mean the sequence or the bass as itselve or both?

we are using

hardware

- supernova II

- nordlead I

- jp8000

software

- logic 5

- fm7

- absynth

- battery

- some plugs

peace

and another think I think that the lift off is a little bit too thin. There is missing something, some wierd sounds or.. I don't know. But I does'nt like the lift off. But any way a very nice track you guys have been mking.

Guest blink

inkubator,

what i meant about your bassline, is not the sound itself. it actually sounds very complementary to the kicks. it was more in the sequencing. a little too simple a layout (a bit like bitmonx, halodium, or ticon) only missing a groove synthline. i love the rumbling basses (talamasca is a good example). but non the less, you guys are definitely on the right track and have a very solid sound.

now to return the favour. my latest track 'little voices' is in desperate need of a decent critique. if it would not be too much trouble could you guys give a listen to my track: http://organicparadox.com/01blink_tracks/o...ttle_voices.mp3

its made entirely in reason. i know the sound is a little flat (i haven't a clue on mastering yet;)....... please be honest and thorough if its not too much to of a bother.

shalom,

blink

Guest Protex Midget

I think the Bassline is rather good. The track has pretty good sound, but it goes know where... not enough developement imo

keep working on it my freind, and you could have a really good track!

Guest inkubator

hey guys

thanx for your comments, we will keep up the work and spend some more time to give the song a story (i think, this is the main-problem, huh?)... you helped me and lexfinger alot...

@Quark

jees, my english is bad, my friend. what does that mean "the lift off"? i can't figure out a sense for me in german, sorry. please explain... i have to learn the terms...

@blink

ok, now i know what you mean. thanx. *listening to your song*

yeah, man, i can see why wou don't like our bassline, you got more action in yours, and i like it. but exactly your bassline doesn't make me feel i'm on a goa-trip. for my goa-feeling, the bassline should not change the pitch alot (sure, a bit is cool, sometimes :-). but your bassline makes my legs move and your song is well produced, programmmed and arranged. no doubt... congrats!!!

Guest phlux0r

Hey dude(s), congratulations on the track, I love it. It sounds pretty fat and I think the bassline is just right for this minimal style of yours. I like the rhythm loops you've done and the little melody in the middle. Some cool fx in there... I agree about the beginning. It might need a bit of a build up just before the kick but all in all a very enjoyable minimal track... but hey, I love minimal :D!

Now tell us how you went about creating it :)

Keep up the good work and show us more :))

As for your track, blink, it's pretty funky.. very nice psy fx and fresh approach. It sounds pretty good for Reason so you've done something right :) maybe the bassline could somehow use a little more energy but otherwise it's pretty cool. Very good builds and development... nice ending :)

Keep it rumbling... :)

phlux0r

Guest inkubator

hey all

we are really surprised about the good feedback, thanx to all of you. we know, that our songs can be better if we spend some more time on the tracks, add some surprises and breaks. we are making music since 1 year (its a expensive hobby indeed...) and are surprised of the reaction of the people.

in my opinion, our style isn't yet audible, sometimes the songs getting weird and not well arranged, i'm not yet satisfied at all. but the feedback, yours and the feedback in other forums and at parties, let us believe we are on the right way... and thatsfor i'd like to shout loudly:

THANX!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest inkubator

xoltan

yes, there are more tracks, but not yet finished. and not better than this one, so we wait until the next better track is finished...

peace

Guest phlux0r

Hey Inkubator,

I got a few questions:

How long does it take you to finish a track?

How do you work together with your friend? Do you both use one studio or do you have separate setups?

Thanks for your answer...

Guest inkubator

mista phlux0r :-)

i got a few answers...

well, for us (as probably for all the others) it depends the idea an the inspiration how long it takes to finish a track. this one was a quite quick one, about 4 days we needed for programming and another day for mixdown and (quite bad) mastering. but we both have a normal job so it took 3 weeks from the creating the songfile till converting wav to mp3.

for the moment we work with the same (mini-)studio. the studio is in my appartement and lexfinger got a key for the door. he comes to my house if he feel like and we work together or not...

2. of september i'm moving my ass from the swiss mountains to the brazilian beaches and must leave the hardware in switzerland. but no problem, i'm bringin all the software and a fast pc with me so i can continue develop music. the internet gives us the opportunity to share all our samples and songfiles.

thanx for your questions...

peace, love & light

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Tittelin tuure!!!

HI, motherfuckers!!

There´s nothing happening in your track! It´s shitty!! It´s crap!Same "Jump,Jump,jump" from start to stop...If you think that those echoes are psychedelic, go fuck your mom! Or I Will! Get a grip!! Anyway, that progressive shit is shit even of you bake it...Please, don´t do that crap anymore! Whit your equipment you can do better. Shit, my little sister can do better music with that gear! Enough of that "progressive-trance" Or what the fuck you dick´s like to call it...Only German people are stupid enough to create,listen and even dance that!!!

Why won´t you guys go clean your daddy´s car or go listen to AC/DC like you should? You fucking sub-urban nerd´s!!!

Isn´t anything holy anymore?

tittelin tuure/trippy,

wow. that was the worse chunk of manure that i have heard spewed on this wonderful website in some time. save your tasteless replies for your therapy sessions please.

and if you want to rip a track apart, give this one a spin........organicparadox-grimmel........

Guest Tittelin Tuure

Ok... Im sorry. That is a tasteless replie! I am really sorry and i promise that I will not spread any junk in this website again! Ok? Peace?

I still think that track is bad... Organicparadox instead sounds quite good!

And this is not a joke! I really am sorry about my behaivor...