Chaos at Propellerheads...

Guest Psylent Buddhi

They're "swamped"! :)

Apparently the release of Reason 2.0 wasn't going to be such a quiet event afterall...

Guest MANTRA SPIRIT

What u mean?

I'm very disappointed!

Reason 2 is STILL NOT VST/DX compatible!

It suxx!

THey add new gears, but they missed the most important...

And the fuckin sequencer which is very baaaaaaaad!

Why the matrix is so "short"? Why ONLY 32 steps????

Guest Psylent Buddhi

I was merely referring to the fact that the poor staff at Propellerheads can't keep up with the overall demand for Reason 2.0!

Rewire?

Why is the sequencer that bad? I find it quite simple to use.

The Matrix is not only 32 steps. Just jump to the next pattern and the next, and the next...

A thing that does suck, is that the effects seem to be untouched in this upgrade and that is a shame. They're still not on the same level as the rest of the fine Reason devices.

Guest MANTRA SPIRIT

Sequencer is probably easy to use as u say, but i find it too simple!

And the window unresizable is hell! Now way to make a larger view of the whole sequencer or track...

Matrix is short, because of the size of the matrix screen!!!!!!

32 steps, thatz all!

And the eight make it shit, because u're forced to move the cursor prgressively, without any full vision!

Those are details, but details make a great product near from perfection...

Reason could be amazing, thatz a pity there is such a lot of fuckin bad "details"...

Guest Psylent Buddhi

Well, I'd recommend buying Reason 2.0 then, since the sequencer is detachable from the rack, plus there are a couple of new handy features.

As to the Matrix, then I really couldn't care, as I only use it as a gater and for some wild tweakings of the cutoff filter. Never as a sequencer in the traditional sense!

"And the eight make it shit, because u're forced to move the cursor prgressively, without any full vision!"

Now it's my turn: What do you mean?

In my experience, these "bad details" you're talking about are easily overcome if there's a will! :)

Guest Reflekshun

I'm TRULY dissapointed about the effects department.. not touched.. the update from fruityloops 3.4 -> 3.5 is MUCH more exciting!! i really cannot wait till it is released.. VSTi INTRUMENT NOW hahahha i reckon Logic audio and Fruity would be the KILLER combo!! enjoy your writing guys :D

_|reflekshun:::...

Guest MANTRA SPIRIT

"And the eight make it shit, because u're forced to move the cursor prgressively, without any full vision!"

Now it's my turn: What do you mean?

=> Ok, probably not very understandable!

I was trying to write something like:"the height of the matrix is only equal to one octave... i'm disturbed because i use many octaves at the same time, so it is boring to be forced to move the tiny cursor on the right just to be able to see the different octaves... this suxxxxxx!"

I was thinking: what is the trouble to make a bigger matrix??

Properllerheads provide reason as a high quality softsynth, but did they thought to competition with other softwares?

No VST, no VSTi, no DX, not very versatile, fucking bad "subtractor synth" with plastic sound, no more FX...

Guest Slidingtrancer

Hmm mantra, its just synthesis, you can make almost anything with that synth, just takes a little more effort

Guest MANTRA SPIRIT

Yeah Sliding!

I'm not a newbie (thx for it), i just notice that the sound ain't that good quality...

Just let me hear what u can do and let me changing my opinion...

Guest Psylent Buddhi

Keep it cool guys... :)

Mantra Spirit, your observation regarding the "plastic" sound of the Subtractor synth is, to some extent, correct. I sort of like that grainy sound and as long as you've other synths/softsynths to add to your production, the subtractor synth has its charm. The plastic and grainy sound comes from the filter, which isn't exactly the best in the world. But what the fuck, the price of the program is unbelievable. So much good stuff for that little money!

And, the new sampler is spectacular!

I really don't get it. The subtractor is just another of many virtual synth, nothins spectacular, the matrix is far less developed than lets say the pattern sequencer in Fruity Loops...

Something I was wondering about... Is there a diffrence in sound quality between Reason and Fruity Loops?

and somewhat unrelated: any tricks on getting more fatness out of Fruity Loops, seems like somehow Fruity lacks a certain depth or feel to its sound... I'm having a hard time creating that 3D time atmosphere in Fruity... if anyone would care to comment I'd appreciate...

Guest mk-11

i can understand the problem with people wanting it

vst compatible, but if it is a major issue you can just rewire

it to cubase and vst from there.(if comp. is powerful enough.)

make track in reason slaved to cubase which in turn is used

for synth/hardware midi, vst's for midi and reason channels

and use cubase for the final mastering...

haven't seen 2.0 yet but my main problem is whether they have made

the windows within reason compatible with the jog wheel on your

mouse....

3 mixers,10 synths, 15 efx ,5 redrums etc etc is quite painful to scroll through....please tell me someone that they have fixed this problem...

small but would save plenty of time...

Guest huhuhuhuhuhuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

if by jog wheel you mean the normal wheel on mouse then yes they are compatible at least in the demo

Guest tatatataratata

Where can i download V.2 for Free, as a crack??

PLZ help! I need to try it before and i don't want any SHITTY tryout version!

TNX

P.S: where the hell are Radium now??????