Another Keyboard question...

Guest Mike D

Ok,

I want to geth the nordlead 2, because the nordlead 3 is quoted at twice the price. Now, I know I am just a beginner but I'd rather learnt he keyboard and technical stuff with the help of somefriends, seeing as I want to use all hardware, and no software for making stuff. I plan to get the Nord and I'd like to get something else with it, like a drum machine or a mixer because I can get a bigger discount, especially as I will be paying cash in hand for it. Itr won't be until about Xmas or early next year that I can afford it, and it means I won't be travelling overseas at the end of the year, Outback Eclipse will be it for me hehe.

Any recommendations on another nice piece of hardware but at half the price to go with it? Mixer/Drum machine/Bass station or anything along those lines. Also can somebody email in detail about midid, because I do not know much about it and it will become important when I start jamming with some of my dj mates.

I have been told to get the module by a number of riends, especially those hwo started out with roland mc505 and then progressed to bigger stuff, but I think the keyboard is more fun and easier to control no?

Thanx again!

Guest Jeto

I heard that the keyboard is easier to use... the module is supposed to be able to generate more sounds... but more difficult to use.. Im thinking of getting a nord lead 2 as well...

Guest jakemyth

Hey Mike.........how about something like a Juno 106 to start with.

Classic sounds, midi equipped and for less than a 1000AUS. The best thing about one is the layout of knobs and sliders.very good intro to synthesis because it's all laid out on top and u will get good understanding of what does what on synths.

It will also give u the money to look into other things

Hope this helps D

Enjoy

Jake

Guest drav

yeah its agree with getting a fairly old synth to start with. Something like a Juno 106, or and SH 101 if you can find one. They may be old, but theyre damn good (Posford has a couple of SH 101s) and easier to learn than a Virus, which is sometimes rather confusing ( hear theyve sorted it out with the new OS tho). The only other thing i could mention is some soft synths, which could run alongside your hardware, so you and a friend can twiddle your knobs together :) Try the triangle 2 (its free)

Drav

• 3 weeks later...