prpellerheads reason

Guest thesoul

i need help

first, i need some good reasons to buy reason, any help regarding it's features would be welcome,

secondly, should i buy reason v1.1 now or wait till v2 is out???

peace,

the soul

Guest thesoul

yeah i forgot to mention,

i currently own fruityloops and an midiman oxygen midi controller.

i don't want to start another flooops vs reason war,

just want some opinions about reason

Guest Psylent Buddhi

Wait till Reason 2.0 is released. I don't think Reason 1 is worth getting this close to the release of Reason 2.0!

Reason is decent though, and especially with that Oxygen keyboard. Good to have some physical knobs to tweak!

Guest Nick Vertigo

don't get reason is a fucken softsynth if you have ''FRUITYLOOPS" why you open the tb-303 who does the job of reason and reality

Guest Psylent Buddhi

Whoups, didn't see that one Purely White Forewing! :)

Though I think knobs are the best my friend... Will reply tomorrow!

Guest bugbread

To ensure that they keep producing better versions of it? To allow the people who put their time and effort into making the program to be able to buy food and pay the rent? Just a guess.

Guest thesoul

where can i download it??

and i think that if i like it, i will buy it

i already have the demo.

if theres a full version somewhere, puhleeze tell me.

Guest Slidingtrancer

'Will reply tomorrow!'

Haven't seen you reply, you lazy ass bastard :P

Psylent heard my new song yet?... just contact me, I'll link ya ( always spamming)

Hehe, how are you man? Still busy working... go make music again or I'll come up there and MAKE YOU!

Guest thesoul

well using the demo is like getting caught while masturbating.

you see, just when i start to get a good groove, the damned 20 minute lock up message occurs,

and i just dont get to get really into reason.

thats why i asked for the warez, nothing else,

Guest mindtrip

hi !

i think reason is a great solution if you want a out-of-the-box solution for producin

sounds and grooves... in combination with a hardware midi controller, reason is a damn good tool...

check out :

http://goa.cd-reviews.de

for some goa tracks in reason format (rps).

( incl. a infected mushroom remix and an astral projection remix)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Jota

Simply put Reason is the best peice of software on the market for learning many of the things one needs to make electronic music. Rather than buying a separate sequencer, synths, sampler, drum machines etc you have everything in one package. Once you get into the midi applications it´s insane. Of course, the better the computer and sound card you have the better it works, but that´s true with everything. I´ve been playing my music I´ve made live in Mexico and I don´t hear any differences than what the ¨big boys¨ use, except maybe that I´m into melodies rather than layering sounds. They´ll tell you to get a Titanium case G4, Logic, this peice of hardware, that peice of hardware only because they want to stay at the top of the pyramid. With so many new comers out there and excellent software like Reason they find their future of travelling around the world getting paid thousands of dollars in jeapardy. Maybe they deserve it as they pioneered this lifestyle, but the more people aming music the more killer tracks we´re all going to have to listen to. Making excellent music is affordable for so many more people these days, and the talent is out there. One just has to devote the time. Me, I use Reason and various sample disks (with various drum, voice, noise etc sounds), import them where I need em´ and off I go. I find one can be very precise with your virtual knob twisting. Get Reason, get fully inside it, don´t allow yourslef to be jaded like so many other people and make those killer trakcs. Then later, as you progress, decide what else you need (titanium G4and blah blah blah!!!) after that. BOM

Guest thesoul

hey thanx jota!!!

thatsa very nice way of putting it.

i'll buy reason v2.0 as soon as it's out.

btw, does anyone have any idea about the pricing of reasonv2.0??

coz on the props website, only the pricing for upgrading from v1.0 is given.

does it mean that i'd have to buy v1.0 or v1.01 first???

Guest The Nothing

yeah Jota put it best :) reason is great to start with and alows you to setup tracks quickly and creatively (putting down a kick, bassline and percussion is fun and effortless)

eventually you will want to move onto something bigger (cubase/logic) mainly for their VST/DXi support (and tweakability)...but chances are you will still use reason (via rewire) for the majority of your track structuring, At least a lot of people i have talked to do this (including myself).

that way you get the best of both worlds...but are only investing the mega bucks after you have had a decent crack at it and made sure its all for you

-Dan

Guest peaceful warrior

The price of Reason 2.0 is $399.00 and only $89.00 to upgrade from the older version of Reason. I have to add that Reason is the most fun program I have ever used. It has everything you need to get going and everything is of a very high quality. I completely recommend it.

• 1 month later...

Don't buy the older version, go for Reason 2.0! This program is the freakin' bomb...it's got everything you need and sounds great. Performance and stability is outstanding, too. Here a short list of what it's got:

- analog synth

- hybrid wave/granular synth (awesome sounds)

- 2 samplers

- drummachine

- rex loop player

- sequencer

- mixer with 4 aux sends

- 7 different effects

- full midi, asio and rewire implementation

- over 1 gig of top-of-the-line samples

In other words: get Reason 2.0 or you'll be sorry...

peace.

• 4 months later...
Guest sick sickly

effortless mabey in the house,trance,crap you make. reason is in the jungle and so is the talent. truly smart wicked sick bass in yo face from the jungle man, clever man, effort man, suck it saMPLE MAN!!!!!!!!!!!SORRY EVERBODYelse. thank you and have a nice jungle.