cubase / logic

Guest reece

hahahaha, what crack version are you using???

think its around the Radium 4.5 version that the PC AV/MME Driver doesnt work properly.

:-)

Guest Avogaden

No.... you didnt get it.

It works fine. But my computer is not good enought to run the program when I put too many effects and sounds and try playing the track.

If only my pc was faster....

: (

But reece... you seem happy that I have this problem!! Why is that??

Anyway... cubase is smaller???

Please!! So cause if it is not, i'm not going to loose time and money with it.

Guest eXpulse

Spend money on your computer and download cubase 5.1 from Kazaa

works fine for me.....

and Logic is more complicated to learn but apperently it works better

Guest reece

oh, ok, sorry for the misunderstanding! :-)

afaik, none is more 'heavier' than the other, maybe you are just running different effects in each program???

sounds more like a hardware (or lack of) issue.

what system are you running, and what specifically are you trying to do in logic, we can prolly help more if you answer for us. :-)

and, imho, logic is WAY better than cubase (that cubase mixer is soooo ugly!)

:-)

Guest Mike Indidginus

If your computer cannot process effects in Logic, then it won't be able to do so in Cubase. Both are hefty programmes.

Some effects are more processor hungry than others, so try using different ones (if you have any) to see if that helps. For instance Waves Renaissance Verb can suck the very life out of a less powerful CPU, whereas using Waves True Verb is less dramatic on the usage. The first of the two is superior in sound quality, but if you can't run it True Verb is a good alternative.

The best option if you want to run everything smoothly is to get a newer processor. However, if you get some new memory & install that it should make a difference & will be cheaper than a new CPU.

PS Hi Reece, how's things going in the Southern hemisphere? And Gi'iwa? :)

Guest Avogaden

well I guess my machine is a pentium 3 , 450 mhz, 128 RAM.

when I try playing the demo song that comes with logic the program fucks up and say :

System overload : the audio engine was not able to process all required data in time

So.... whats going on?!

??????????????

Guest Mike Indidginus

450Mhz is really not very powerful at all. And 128Mb RAM is not much. I reckon you should have at least 256Mb RAM. And if you seriously want to get into making music on your PC, you should think about upgrading your CPU. To give you an idea, Athlon AMD chips start at around 1000Mhz nowadays & they are fairly reasonably priced....

Guest Elysium Project

Logic use less CPU power than Cubase....but you do need a big amount of ram to get the best out of both programs.

Guest reece

well it is possible to do good stuff on your system man, u just gotta be creative!!!

not sure about the demo song, maybe its running like 10 platinum verbs or something???

anywayz, if u are using a 'hefty' effect, just tweak it till its nice then bounce it down, so you no longer have to run the effect.

also, what soundcard are you using, and what sort of drivers???

this will play a major role in the performance too.

just as a side note, running waves renaissance reverb on 1 channel, on my system (P3 1Ghz, 256 ram) uses half of the processor power in the system performance!!! thats a hungry little bitch!!! ;)

Mike:- all is good down under!, first gi'iwa comp. in about 2 months! more info soon. :-)

Guest Nick Vertigo

cubase is a fucken programme what do you want it? tompose a track no get fast the "FRUITYLOOPS3.4" is the best it has 6 mixers 4 generators 1 turntable soundbrowser with a lot of samples it has pianoroll to make melodies it has vsti dxi ts-404 and tb-303 is something like reason it has 1 sampler a beempap a voise generator 3 oscilators 999 paterns 999 bars and is conventional with all stainberg products ft2 and soundforge take it that you need and is simple like a game ASTRALPROJECTION SOUNDREAMER AVIRON use it

Guest Drav

It also has a shitload of limitations. Its good but it cant do everything. IMO u still need cubase/whatever, as fruityloops aint good enough on its own.

Guest suarajana

cubase 5.x is better with computer resources than the Logic 4.x series

BUT-->Logic 5 is very very nice in this area : )

then again it's always nice saving up some cash and buying an up-to-date shiny new droid

• 2 weeks later...