A good sampler please?

Guest Mike D

Instead of forking out huge amounts for a keyboard, I just wanna buy a wicked sample to muck around with and get ideas. Any suggestions?? Between %500-1000 us preferably.

Guest Elysium Project

Well reece in order to use logic's cool sampler Mike has to use Logic's seq software for best performance. I am not sure if Mike use Logic so.....

Yes do try the ESX24 if you use logic or try out Halion from Steinberg if you use Cubase.

Alternative you can pick up a used AKAI hardware sampler and invest in some extra ram... That should also do the trick!

Guest Inu

If you have a good keyboard to play sounds on, I'd recommend a rack sampler.

The Akai S2000 w/32 meg, SCSI Jaz drive, and 8 audio outputs is my beast :-)

Guest Pswede

Go for software sampler, easier to handle (if you sample alot yourself, it's much easier to have all things on the computer harddrive than on a external sampler)... buy Battery or the new Kontakt-sampler which will be released in a fwe months..

I worked with A3000 before (128 mb ram etc) but I prefer softsamplers... Although I think hardware synths are better than softsynths..:

My experience is for the best result/easiest way to work:

Samplers: software

Synths: hardware

Sequencer: software

hehe :)

Guest Nick Vertigo

LOIPON axrhste xontre pou den xereis tipota as se voithiso katarxin gia software den xero ti exeis gia samples ala dokimase ayta:(ego xekinisa me ejay)muzsounds,certificator,edit +,pointer,evolutionmidi,werty,soundfiter,sf,vaz,rebirth,reason,reactor,reality,a

tmos,religion,reload,sarad,xp-302,fruityloops3.4 mia symvoulh antalaxe samples me mendark,starchildren,aviron,soundreamer,aviron,darxon kai gia hardware evolution-xp 540,rolandsp-808,roland mc-307,yamaha cs-101,akai,plastic,jupiter,andromedda,dxi-10,weronest,retro,sourio,dunno,racks,fatest,storm thats it kai an thes kai gia composition pare ft2,mad,vaz,noisetracker,casio midis-200 all this stuff exo gia parti ante na ma akouseis starsoundrecords kai oxi discobole kai malakies

Guest Nick Vertigo

elisium project h opos sto dialo se lene pion les malka re arxidi ton mike dee mpravo kala tou kaneis tou pousth tou xontrou tou malaka

Guest Elysium Project

Hey Nick that's not fair..... Even if my second home was Greece for a while I don't know a damn think about greek language...all I know is malaka, monaki, monara, kukurooko. :-)

Guest Nick Vertigo

telika phres samplers ti na ta kaneis na ftiaxneis samples gia thn kolo eyroph sou opos to lete "EUROTRANCE"oi monoi kaloi pou xero se ayto to tomea einai OI "ASTRALPROJECTION" ena alo sampler pou exo einai to Nordlead an den to exeis parto exo ftiaxei 2000 samples kai akoma ftiaxno kai ta poulo se CHEROUVIM,SPACEODYSSEY...

Guest Stortion

I don't know what the heck you guys are saying.. but i gotta agree with Pswede. If you are gonna start to build a studio, begin with the brain. Get a comp first and foremost. I work with this guy whose got like $50,000 worth of equipment, and all i do is bring down my computer and 90% of the production time is spent with eyes glued to the monitor. Of course nothing beats some good hardware, some phat ass keyboards, nice effect processors. But it's true, the best sampler is your hardrive. Let's give i

Guest Stortion

(let me finish) Let's Give it up for Technology !!!!!!!!!! God bless Windows !!! Praised be thy land of silicon !!!!! Amen to the micro chip Gods !!!!!!

Guest Nick Vertigo

sorry elisium but have you heard mike d here in greece all call him arxidi and malaka because is malakas i with a friend send him 9 tracks and he don't listen them is a fucken compiler all the artists the fucken artists who takes in the compilations he takes them who has no tallent because they pay him 300-400 euro