A question about synths

Guest teona

which one do you believe is best? Clavia's norlead or access virus?

I ask this because I'm thinking about buying a synth between the mentioned...

Bom!

Guest psy-fi

NORDLEAD! if it´s the nordlead 3 you are talking about that is. I loved the virus the first time i played with it, but take yourself some time and play with it for a hour or two, then try the nordlead for an hour or two and i´ll think you are convinced witch synth has the best sound : )

i am just guessing, but aren´t the virus built up on a software synth?

and i dont kile the knobbs on the virus, you have to use the lcd display to much, one knobb is for severel use....

nah, if you can afford the nordlead, take it!!

Guest lifeform

naa.. the virus is much better, and no it wasn't built off software, though there is a software version of it for Pro Tools, which was released AFTER the original Virus A.

Actually the Virus is probably the most 'anolog' sounding VA synths out there right now. I never liked the nord lead much, it's got that very cool squigiy knob tweakage, but nothing else sounding that impressive to me. You also get the voice/multitimbral advantage by about 4X with the virus. And it's hmm... cheaper. See if you can find a Virus B for cheap... They are discountinued now... PRICE DROP!

actually the virus is based on software, hosted on hardware, utilizing hardware DSP, but it's still based on software, so is the nord lead tho, just wait for the virusC.