your opinion about the nord lead 3??

played the rack version in the shop the other day. Lovely sounds as always from Nord, but what blew me away was the LED knobs. Pretty expensive here in England, but again what do you expect. I can see where a lot of Infected Mushroom noises come from now ive played this, even tho i think they used the Nord 2. Capable of much dirtier noises than the relatively clean Novation synths, and i havent played with a Virus enough to give a comparison to that. Too expensive for me, but its one hell of a dream machine :)

Guest buggy

I prefer the nord 2 honestly. I li stened to the 2 right next to eachother, with a pair of headphones i'm very used to, and i wasn't pleased with the nord 3 really...well it's got a very nice filter sound, but the tone seems to of become rounder. Remember, the nord 3 had different programmers than the nord 2/nord 1 so it's going to sound different inevitably... i'd personally just pick up a nord 2 and with the extra money get a juno106, or hell u could get a used nord 2 kb and a jupiter 6....for the same price...=o probably even throw in the eruopa mod on the jupiter too for the price of the nord 3...

Guest psy-fi

nordlead 3, it cost a bit but i like it more tha the 2. not that i own any of them : ) but as dray said, its one hell of a dream machine.