Why not a gear section in this site ?

Guest Protex Midget

I don't think tha'ts a good idea:

First of all - We don't need many sections in this forum, unless you want this site to become massive & commercial.

Second of all - You can talk about gear in the "Music Making" section (that's what we all do), so I don't see any need for a gear section...

Guest Psy Lolipop MushRoom Borg

a don't mean a gear forum, but a section in the site about hardware

for instance: links to reviews, user reviews, wich band uses wich hardware/software, comparasion tables

the only reason i see for not doing it is because there are already lots of sites with that, but none focuses on the same requirements we have (huh? arpegiators, good delays, strong basses)

anyone can to www.clavia.de and check the specifications on the nordlead but sometimes that isn't enough

most of the gear i own took 1/2 ( or more ) months to realize how good/crap it was

an experienced user is (usually) the best help one can get

if needed i can help (i used to be an web application developer.. )

a site doesn't because 'massive and comercial' by showing usefull information, only otherwise...

Guest Protex Midget

I thought you ment a Gear Section in the forum!

Anyway, a section in the site is actually not a bad idea.

Another Section Seggestion: A weekly Column by a professional/signed artist.

The artsit could reccomend new releases, describe their latest parties, and give all kinds of info, tips, and stories...

Ooops sorry : I think we don't need it, as I thin the music making section is "on-topic" for that gear stuff :-)

Yes the hardware section thing could be interesting, (what new stuff was released & so on) but as "Psy Lolipop" said I think some sites already do it very well and that represents a lot of work ... moreover we would then need someone who knows all that is going to be released to make such a section ...

About the equipment used by artists, indeed that's a very good idea, we'll think about it in the 2nd version of the site. We'll also try to put artists & labels E-Mails on this same site (only in case of they agree that we put it online) & things like that ... to summarize : the artists infos section will be much more complete as we know lots of visitors visit it (that's the 3rd most visited section of the site after forum then reviews)

Guest spiralix

I think it would be cool if the site had a hardware/software review page.. So that people thats interested in this kind of music making can read about what others use and so on..

That would be cool..