Andromeda A6

Guest jakemyth

Well yesterday I was in synth heaven......finally got to play the Andromeda A6 at a friend's shop. He had had it for 3 hours and had been waiting 2 years for it!! It is probably the best synth I have played........he had Waldorf's, Virus's, Supernova's and evrything else, but the A6 was brilliant, real analog and the osc's on it were amazing some of the most rich and detailed analog sounds yet!!

Unfortunately he sold it while i was there, after only havn it for a few hours. At $7000 AUS I would have bought it if i had the cash....fukn amazing!! Walked out with a Micro Q Keyboard so can't b too disappointed as I love Waldorf.

Just thought people would like to know about this beast.........if u can afford it, buy it. It was heaven

the andromeda actually really sucks, it's fun the first time you play it, then you realize how shitty it is. Maybe i've just been spoiled with the classics, 101, eml 101, 303, junos...but i really couldn't stand my a6 and i was pissed i sold my sh101 for it :(...i wouldn't call it a good trance machine, other than it's SEM filter, the lfos don't go up high enough, only 75% of the cutoff knob on sem works and ithink only like 50% on the moog filter, the oscs lose a lot of dynamics through just a few simple tweaks...it's poo...definately not worth the money. Ask yourself this, there's approx. 500 made(very small amount) yet you still see them for sale used all the time, ask yourself why... i was once like that "andromeda is besttt" tilll i played with it for more than a few weeks, i'd rather have a Q or an XT, or a virus...