Behringer MIxers

Guest lifeform

People always say Behringer mixers suck... I dont know why? I have one and it gets the job done fine! They are really cheap too, in price that is. I guess they suck compared to mackie mixer. but what mixer doesn't suck against one of those beasts?

Guest aaron spelling

well i ain't no pro so behringer rocks for me, nice overall warm sound and when i get better and save cash i'll contemplate change then....

but for now how could you go wrong really at the prices and quality for home studio...i only get good comments from people that come over and say how good the sound is...

Guest Andreas of Amygdala

My previously posted opinion of Behringer:

"Hope I won't step on anybodys toes - but I must air my opinion on Behringer mixers...

I have one, and it's driving my crazy - the EQs are no way near other brands (aching for a Makie...), the routing is very

inflexible on the smaller models (two MONO sends, with only pre-fader on one of them - sure, I could have checked that out

before buying, but still...), and the "ultra low noise design" - yeah right, compared to what?!? A traincentral...? No mute

option, and the soloswitch seems to turn up the gain to a ridiculous level.

My "mixer" is not that old, but it has loose connections all over the mainsection, and a weird tendency to distort when turned

on for about an hour or so... I would like to think that I treated it well, but it's a mess, so either I didn't, or it's lousy quality - or I'm just out of luck.

I am certainly steering clear of Behringer in the future..."