Alesis Andromeda A6

Guest etherdesign

Roll on over to The Gas Station and check out this thread.. It's loaded with opinions and demo mp3's.. It is a good synth, pretty expensive.. hard to find used, and Alesis stopped production on them after bankrupcy so you can't get them new anymore.. Apparently they are starting production again in a few months though.

i'd really suggest against the a6 for goa/psy, i had one for a while and it just didn't cut it. the sem filter made some very nice lines. it's more of a moog based synths. I'm sure you could wiggle out some nice sounds out of it. BUT, if i could have either a nord lead 2 or a andromeda(regardless of price) i'd probably pick the nord lead for goa/psy...just a better synth for the genre. The andromeda's envelopes aren't the snappiest. At first i was wowed by the synth, the specs were insane...but then i really got into it...the effects suck too...and it's hard to route indivi sounds to other outs(outputs are only indiv. voice outs :(...)...it's definately a cool synth regardless, but i think you can do a lot better for the money