How ablut some hardware?

I am very interested about making music actualy I made it befour.I started 7 years

with some cheep programs but no success.I want a real stuff.Something that is not to expensive and that has reasonable sound.I'm talking about hardware like

Roland,Yamaha,Akai,Kurzwell,..and others.So tell me what i should buy first:

a groove machine or Synth keyboard????????

many thanks!!!

Guest lifeform

getta synth keyboard first and a sequencer. Screw those groove machines... Roland peices of crap... You'll feel very limited and dissapointed after your start up a project. All that will go thru your brain is ... "why can't i do this" "i can't get that sound i want" "i can only have 6 tracks?!" This is my opinion only, doesn't mean its right! but it's my 2 cents.

Guest Jonas Josefsson

I used to have a Roland JX-305 and it sucked. So I recommend you not to get a groove "thing". I traded mine to a Sidstation and I couldn't be happier!

Guest brian surge

i personally think hardware is the way to go as each separate bit of kit (synth,sampler etc) has its own unique sound. A sound card with all of your audio and midi trackscoming out of it will only make it sound like everyone elses music.And once you start using soft synths (which never sound as good as the real thing) you could have serious latency problems and midi timing issues.

Reactor is the best bit of software for creating unique sounds.For hardware why not try the ms200, the novation synths or the access virus. Just my humble opinion but i hope it helps.