Guest jakemyth

Novation drumstation rack shouldn't cost too much but i'd steer clear of a 303. It's just a personal thing but it is so played out....when i hear trax with blatant 303 parts i usually turn it off. Also the price u will pay for one is outrageous- approx$1500 aussie dollars is just not worth it.

It's just my opinion though if u like em grab em but for that money i'd purchase a diiferent synth one that u will get heaps more sounds from.

Guest etherdesign

My advice.. look around.. don't look for people selling them on ebay etc.. but look at garage sales and estate sales.. I have had many people tell me they have bought a 303 off someone at a garage sale who had no idea for $50 or so.. keep your eyes open.. personally I stop at every yard, garage, estate sale I see to see what they have.. found some great stuff, not eletronic music related but still.. not 10-15 years ago 303's were wothless, sold CHEAP or given away.. who knows what you'll find.. hell beyond a 303 some people have minimoogs, arp 2600s, etc they don't know the value of.. Not that taking advantage of people is cool, but to them it is just more junk..

That said, unless you are an acid techno purist, paying 1500 for a 303 is madness..

Still waiting for his day...

Guest lifeform

if your gonna spend that much money on a old peice of plastic (dont get me wrong... 303's are sweet) but i would not spend 1000 US dollars for one. There are plenty of other vintage anolog... / virtual anologs out there that can replicate that sound pretttyyyy well.. look into like a SH-101 ... where you could get a bunch of other sounds ... not just 303's . and those only go for like 350-400... kinda gotta buy a CV gate though... which is what transfers the data to midi... since it did not exsist back then. which would probably cost more than the actual synth.. but if you just wanna mess with sounds.. look out for one of those.

Guest Spiralix

"small tip" if you really really want the tb-303 sound! there is an eccelent clone.. mb-33... cost ALOT less, easier to use (it has midi) sound so close to the original that noone can here the difference!

Guest psychopat

Hi Mike !

Definitely the best drum machine which

fit with it is the Roland TR-606. In fact they were both made in 80's to be used together. But be aware that sounds are far away from what we are used to hear now ;) but the analog hit-hat is still useable. The TB-303 & TR-606 are using the same old analog synch. system. If you want to use them in your MIDI setup you will have to purchase a MIDI->SYNC-24 synch converter (I'm using a Kenton pro-KADI and it works great).

But like other said, the real TB is too expensive for what it could do. If you are a vintage addict you should try to get TB + TR-606 + MIDI sync.

Guest Andreas of Amygdala

YES, love the 606 - I've got one, and distorted it sounds absolutely marvelous... Does any of you guys know Astral pilots "Eloctro Acupuncture"...? That intro gives me the jitters :)

Guest psychopat

Hi Andreas !

Did you manage to modified the 606 as said over the internet?

(adding multiple outputs, you know tweaking some internal knobs, changing resistors, etc...)

If yes are you happy with the mod?

I'm too much afraid to open it up and make those changes.

Perhaps if you have already done it, I will try....

after you give me some advices ;)

Guest spiralix

revirth is not as cool or sounds as good as a true analog!

I have MB 33 ver 1... it has no midi impl.. tho its big brother has built in distortion witch is awesome! and it also has full midi impl. cant save anything tho! not on ver 1 atleast, anyway, it has so few parameters its not needed to save them!

Guest Lunarsea

yes the 303 is expensive but they are fantastic!Mates of mine have two and theyre buying a 3rd one!the 303 really does have its own sound and can not be copied or emulated!Oh and as for turning a track off because you can tell its a 303....dont be so anal!if it sounds good it is good!