Computer for live performance

Guest Elysium Project

Well cujo try to go to www.apple.dk and check out their machines and the prices....an example is the new iMac which is faster than most midrange PC's and fully equipped for the future both music wise and multimedia wise...... I like to see a PC with the same features at the same pricerange......

well,

i can't really find the prices place,

im also at work, so im pretty limited in time.

but the IMAC, has 2 usb, ethernet and some others.

ok, this is actually what i need.

midi control through USB 1, Sound Card in USB 2

internet on ETHERNET

it's actually all i need.

and how mych for the new imac in DKR?

Guest Elysium Project

Dkr. 14.995,- inkl. moms...

Just wait a couple of months (after shipping in March) and it will be down on around Dkr. 12.000,- incl. VAT (moms).

It is just as fast as the powerfull G4's...and with superdrive (for very fast DVD production)

Here's the data for the cheapest model:

15-inch flat panel TFT display (You can soon get a bigger screen up to 24-inches)

700MHz PowerPC G4 (= 1.6 MHZ on a PC)

256K L2 cache

(at 700MHz)

128MB SDRAM (Expandable to 1.5GB Ram)

40GB Ultra ATA drive

CD-RW drive (bigger models come with CD-RW/DVD-RW build in)

NVIDIA GeForce2 MX

10/100BASE-T Ethernet

56K internal modem

Five USB ports

Two FireWire ports

Shipping late March

It has all nessesary software to be able to do everything multimedia wise (digital photo, video and DVD). it's great for music production too.

I am not trying to convince anybody to nuy a Mac all I am trying to do is to get rid of some og the myth's that Mac's are too expensive compared with PC's..... By the way...The new Microsoft Office X for MacOSX has been reviewed to be far better than the office programs for PC's.

I love to play the didg, the sound of it is just amazi9ng, it really puts me away. The problem is I still cant do the circulated breathing that well, it is really weird, still need to get it right. But I can do some really cool stuff in it. I tried to record it once with a normal mic into the computer then use the sample with a psytrance song, it worked so-so...it was nice, but it wasnt that clear, the mic wasnt that expert either.

Plur

Guest Andreas of Amygdala

Aaaah, the didg - whenever I'm bored I stick it to the lips and the floor (the other end that is) and blow - while watching my VCR display bounce up and down... You should try it... Great fun indeed :)