303 emulaters (vst)

Guest Lifeform

I'm looking for a VSTi that emulates 303 basslines REALLY good. Which would you say was the best for that mainly. Or even could someone discribe how i can get rebirth running with cubase? Thanks for any help given.

rebirth is sooooo easy to bring into cubase now! @!#$ the tau, it sucks unless you have the tau pro ($30), which is hard to get as a ware (on a mac anyway).

To hook up cubase (haven't done it in ages, i'm probably forgetting something), just load rebirth, then cubase, then open "rewire" and check the boxes you want to come accross - completely integrated... you can then add vst fx over the top from the channel mixer

Guest lifeform

sweet. thanks didge. i didn't think it was that easy!

i'll also check out Tau. Don't really feel like paying 30 bucks for it : ) but we'll see what happens.

Thanks again.

Guest etherdesign

Tau is free.. Tau Pro is $30.. look at the downloads again.. or just click here!

Tau download page it also include a free vst effect plugin m-drive, which is pretty decent, and you definately need to use a good distortion if you want a nice screechy acid sound..

Er.. I guess I'll read the whole thread before responding, anyways.. rebirth is probably the best 303 emulator, I am suprised that with newer technology someone couldn't make something better, it's fairly faithful, but if you have heard a real 303, the slides and resonance are off, especially on the square waveform.. if you want something that sounds really nice and acidy and isn't really a 303 but is close or better some may say, check out Rubber Duck by d-lusion.. it is very squelchy, and you can export wavs that you can bring into whatever sequencer you use..