warning re: Korg MS2000

hi folks,

i have owned the ms2000 now for quite some time and it is my first synth. Finally i am becoming accustomed to it, and from hating it (thinking it was @!#$ as a first synth) i now love it. It is sooooo complex, with so many great features, but there is one significant issue that should be considered, and that is the arpeggiator timing is incorrect, and korg themselves have stated that "a complete redesign to incorporate a more powerful host processor and possibly more powerful DSP's" is needed to fix the problem.

A guide to qunatize the out-of-time notes can be found on the korg website, but can be quite tricky.

Just thought I'd warn, in case it is an issue for someone thinking about buying.

didge.

Guest lifeform

The electribe series has the same issue with the midiclock.. I have the EA-1... Really pisses me off, but i'll check out the korg site for that guide you were talking about.

yeah lifeform, it's such a pissoff, you think they would have tested the timing before launching a product, but korgs excuse is they packed so much in there (and @!#$ - they did) for such a little price, and the price was one of the MAIN considerations when building the baby that any other machine for the same price doesn't even have an arp or half the other @!#$ on there.

and matt - i can't wait to hook up either - i've managed to hook the korg into the shitty imac in stereo, so i can now record as audio! So, I'll bring it around, but also a disk full of wavs - can't wait! no @!#$, man this machine is FUCKEN wicked... can't wait to show you some of the @!#$ it's capable of! and btw - thankyou for getting me back into this @!#$!

didge

Guest Lifeform

The midiclock is a necessary! There should be no excuse for releasing something that has a fault as big as the Electribe and MS2x series. Just drifts off after about 4 measures... Oh well... What can ya do?

yes i agree, but with the ms2000, the midi clock is not out, just the arp. too bad bout the ea1 =( is that the drum/synth/sampler? my old flatmate had the drum and synth mods

Guest etherdesign

My Electribe-A syncs fine, unless I use the onboard delay, then the delay bugs out every 8 beats or so.. it makes a weird noise that's out of sync and then the delay still process that so I have this noise delaying with my synth line, it sucks, but I don't use the onboard delay.. so.. it's ok for me, but still, I think it's pretty shitty that they release a synth with such bugs..

the EA-1 is the synth one.. alot of the times I just use it as a sequencer for Reaktor or VAZ, which it works great for.. the synth sounds are good if you work on them.. it's no nord lead or waldorf q, but it's damn cheap and pretty good for live use (as long as you don't use it as a midi slave with the delay on!)