Computer upgrades: Athlon XP!!

I was about to buy the new Amd athlon XP processor, but then i figured out you have to have DDRram with the Xp processors and its incompatible with SDram????!

So i got a bunch of these SDRAM's And i dont want to buy a new motherboard that only accept DDRram, then i have to scrap the SD and buy lots of expensive DDR. i simply dont have the money!!

Is DDr Motherboards with DDR compitable with SDRAM and XP?

Anyway, to be certain, i ordered Athlon Thunderbird, 1,4 gigahertz, and not the XP version..

Now another question.. Is there a big difference between Xp and ordinary thunderbird athlon's ?? Then what is it?

thx for the great replies!! :)

take care!

xp's have some technique named quad-speed or something like that and it speedens the execution of code. so athlon xp 1,5+ really has a 1,3 clock, but effectively it works as if it had 1,5...

I don't know if it requires DDR memory to work, but on amd's page there are recommended main-boards and some of them do not support DDR, so it probably doesn't need them... but will certainly work better with them :)