Celtic Cross Guitar Riffs

Guest lifeform

I'm sitting here listening to Celtic Cross - Hicksville... (The song) and i've persuaded myself to figure out how to play that bad ass guitar lick at around 3 minutes... It's harder than i thought! I got some of it figured out. If someone could add on to what i have so far... That would be GREAT!

I'm missing some of the lower notes and the end lick.

E--------------------------------------------------|-------------------------------------------------|

B--------------------------------------------------|-------------------------------------------------|

G-------------5-----------------------------------|-------------5----------7-------------10------|

D----7----7----7---5--7--3--2^3^2^0-----2-|----7----7----7--5/7---7-7/9-10-----12--|

A-5----5-----------------------------------3-----|-5----5-----------------------------------------|

E--------------------------------------------------|-------------------------------------------------|

and the long intro is

E------------|

B------------|

G------------|

D-3-3-5-0-|

A------------|

E------------|

The first part is a bit sloppy i know... I'm missing some stuff and end lick is a bit off i think. He does some fancy triplit pickings which i did not get yet... The timing of the tab isn't right... but if you have the cd or the song elsewhere i'm sure you could follow. Anyone who knows how to play and wants to take the time to tab it out for me, that'd be cool. Enjoy and thanks.

Guest Lifeform

E------------------------------------------------------|

B------------------------------------------------------|

G-------------5---------------------------------------|

D----7----7-----7---5--7--3--2^3^2^0-----2----|

A-5----5------------------------------------3--------|

B------------------------------------------------------|

G-------------5----------7-----------------10-------|

D----7----7----7--5/7-------7-7/9-10------12--|

A--5----5---------------------------------------------|

E-------------------------------------------------------|

Alittle better. Sorry bout that..

Guest Lifeform

damn it... still messed up... Well in the first tab line there is the 2 and 3.... the C note (3) is supposed to go before the 2... and on the second tab like there is the 10 and 12... the 10 (F) goes before the 12. Sorry about that again. I'm dumb.

Guest gretchen

Can someone please explain this to me... :/

What do u mean with 7 ..10 ..12 ..5 and so on...

The only thing I get is the notes...

Thanks....

Guest Eshanti Brahman

5 and 7 are representing the bars on the gitarneck......

ex:

nr.3 on the E-string is an A-note.

Dont now how to say it ,but the numbers represent the bars (?) on the long guitar neck. So from Lifeforms tabs,u should get know which string and where on the string to play on :-)

Guest Eshanti Brahman

Ah Fret is what it's called!!!! Yeah Lifeform I got it because I've played play guitar for some time and I play bass in a band :-) I have learned the bass on the new Shpongle-album and I know the guitars on Khatmandu,Hicksville and other Celtic Cross songs. It so cool to play the guitar on "Herb Garden" and from Dub Trees.

Guest lifeform

Eshanti... Yes, the bass on the new shpongle is fun to play along with. Quite easy and simple but still fun.

So you know celtic cross songs on guitar? If you dont mind... Do you think you could update my attempt at hicksville? I know i'm missing alot of triplet notes in there that you might know. Post back here or write me back personally at lifeformstudio@msn.com

Talk to you later.

• 2 weeks later...