Transwave sound..what stuff?

Guest trancer

I've always loved transwaves sound..so what equipment are they using?The euipment i know for sure is:

'Roland Alhpa Juno 1 (In the Helium booklet you can see it..and i have one myself and is sounds really transwavy)

Roland MC 202..the bass sound http://www.vintagesynth.org/audio/mc202loops.ram (listen to this..can't come any closer to transwave bassline)

but i don't know more then that..and the sound i really want to know is that Rezwalker sound....the sound that goes up and down..anyone know what it is? Kristian perhps you know..enlight me man :)

BOM!

Guest Andreas of Amygdala

Oh yes, Transwave... The promised land (of freedom?!?)

The sounds I wish for, for christmas! A little tip: on Phototropic, there is an almost isolated kick drum (yes, the gooood one) in Vision Quest at about 3:23. Maybe you can get lucky and get one from Malaka Dance at about 1:15 as well...?

Apart from that, use a lot of PulseWidthMod, and be sure to turn up the treble on the hats. Delay is also abundant in most of their tracks - but you prob'ly already knew that much :)

About the RezWalker sound (love the title...) could you be more specific? At what time does it come in the first time? I have the London Live Remix on Helium for reference :)

Hope this helps, I've been trying to do a little research on the subject for myself - but my only conclusion so far, is that those guys (when they were together) are fucking geniuses!! But that's common knowledge, right?

Cheers and Squirks, Amygdala

Guest trancer

yepp, they really are something speciall...the sound on Rezwalker iam talking about is at 1.19 on the rezwalker live remix..that is THE SOUND!!!!fucking awesome...anyone know what that synth that is or what FX-box they are using.. someone please =)

BOM!

PS: you can hear the same sound on the track Deedrah - Japonicus Delphinus at 1.22..

Guest Andreas of Amygdala

Hmm, I'm not sure, but the RezWalker sound sounds like a heavily PWM'ed square wave, with some noise added. Medium to high setting of resonance, and of course a lot of delay.

Any decent synth that supports PWM should be able to do the job I think... The up-down effect is of course done with the filters cut-off frequency - an analog synth would naturally be best for the PWM-part :)

Yes, in the Deedrah-track it's very similar. More noise this time maybe?

I'm pretty sure about the PWM though, but it could also be a heavily detuned square, or even sawtooth perhaps...

Hope this helps!

Cheers and squirks :)