Finally! Cubase! Working!

Guest lifeform

I just wanted to say thank you to all the people who helped with input and advice into the "Help!! my cubase is weird!" Thead. If you've read the title of my post... then you know what i'm posting for. I finally got my cubase 5.1 working ROCK SOLID on my PC. (In yer face Elysium Project! : P, just kidding man...). It ended up being the ASIO config. I also took the whole program off my computer and reinstalled it, so that might have helped also. So, thanks to everyone who replied and gave advice. I'm about to go pleasure myself now... With my Cubase that is. You all have a good morning, afternoon, evening whatever time for the day it is for you. Thanks again!

Guest Eshanti Brahman

Funny! hmm.........I posted a thread called "Help! My cubase is weird". strange....

well actually my cubase is also working better now but I really miss the "no-problemo" atmosphere in Reason.

Guest Mike Indidginus

Hooray!!! And there was much rejoicing across the land.... ;) I think Eshanti started the thread and Lifeform continued... and we chipped in our 2 cents worth...

PS To be fair to Kristian - he is right in saying that Macs are much more stable etc... But I suppose us PC users will get good at learning how to fix stuff ;)

Guest Elysium Project

Thanx Mike :-)

By the way I am not attacking PC user's but in my mind the crappy systems that Mr. Bill "Monopoly" Gates delivers. Microsoft could do so much better but I am sure they are all laughing at the Microsoft mansion each time people have to run a patch to fix things.

I really suggest that people check out a Mac when they want to start making music. Even a iMac is 10 times better and stabile than a middle price PC. Don't waste your money on a badly designed and "in my mind" wrong machine for music production.

And don't attack me... try a Mac before you start your verbal slaughter :-) I do not respect opinions based on zero knowledge to Mac's. After all I also own a PC :-)

Guest parhelion

I work 8 hours a day on a mac...I respect the opinion that mac's are better for music production and all things multimedia...but damn....when a mac does crash (which happens to me at least every other day)...it CRASHES...there's no recovery...chance to save your work in other programs...you have just one option..."restart"...

Mr. Jobs, I think, would step into Mr. Gate's shoes anyday (when it comes to market power)...

sorry, don't konw why I always enter into these apple vs. microsoft discussions...i hate them both :)

Guest parhelion

I've experienced osx, my friend got it when it first came out...and it was slow as hell...

I'm sure they've made improvements since then...and what they're TRYing to accomplish with os x is amazing, for sure...

Guest Jikkenteki

Having worked in a computer lab with both, I don't find all that much difference between the two anymore. I will admit I haven't worked with OSX yet, but I kept hearing about how Macs were so stable etc, yet they crashed 100 times more than the Windows computers in the library I worked at. The common phrase around the lab among the workers was "Windows- Easy to fix, hard to use... Mac- Easy to use, hard to fix". Having worked with both for over three years now, I honestly believe people are perceiving a bigger difference between the two than actually exists anymore (in the past I agree there were major differences). Yes ap.s designed in the Mac OS tend to work better than their PC counterparts (which is the root of alot of the Mac is better for multi-media arguement) and Windows is a big bloated hunk of OS, but as far as stablity, over all support and such goes, my experience has been that Win 2000 blows Mac out of the water (again, I haven't tried OSX yet). Personally I'd like a Mac but they are just too figging expensive (IMHO). I'd actually love to see Macs over take PCs someday, but until they let other companies start making them, it just isn't gonna happen. Both companies have their own set of problems.

Guest Elysium Project

Well Jikkenteki I have never had a mac crashing on me.... I think that company need to check in on all those 3rd part plugins... they are the cause not the system.

Anyway mac's are way more easy to find around in than a Windows system where you never know where the files are ending up... Too big root systems are confusing.

Guest Jikkenteki

Never had a crash... wow, as Darth Vader would say "Impressive, Most impressive". In any given three hour shift I would have an average of five total crashes, alot more on busy days, and these machines were not loaded up with all kinds of needless stuff either. Actually part of the problem is probably the fact that Macs are terrible for networking. The computer admin there said so himself almost every day and he is a 100% Mac worshipping fiend. I agree that Macs are easier to find your way around in, but up until recently there was some really basic stuff they just didn't do well or at all (multi-tasking for example). I think Mac developed its rep for good multi-media work simply because that was their main focus for so long (they were seen basically as one trick ponies by alot of people, they were the "artist's" computer), but I think in the last couple years PCs have really caught up, more so than many people are willing to give them credit for. They may not be ahead yet, but they are neck in neck (again, this is in my experience only). Anyways, like I said, I myself would own a Mac if they weren't so damn expensive, made even more so by the fact that I'd have to buy all new software. Until they go down (or I get a much better paying job), I am stuck hunting the used shops....(sigh)... Now what exactly does this have to do with Cubase again??? ;-)

Guest parhelion

I've not rebooted my win2000 machine in 2 weeks :)....haven't rebooted my linux machine in 4 months :)

^ has nothing to do with anyone's discussion...just thought I'd throw that in ...

Guest Elysium Project

Well it has something to do with that my experience tell me that Cubase is much more stabile running on a Mac... that was my original posting .-))