Korg Prophecy

Guest jakemyth

Looking at picking up one of these....I know they r monophonic but I want to know if anyone has one and what sounds they can get from them. I've read things where people say they get ARP, Moog sounds from them but I doubt it. Just after any opinions. Luck And Laughter. Jake.

Guest lifeform

The Prodigy used that alot. Correct me if i'm wrong but i believe that's what the infamous firestarter lead was made from, i dont know if that's a good thing. If it's anolog and it's got knobs i'm sure it's worth the buy though.

maybe a little off-topic, but I remember in one of interviews Liam Howlett said that Korg gave him Prophecy so they asked him to do a few pictures with it. He said he personally didn't like it, but that ofcourse doesn't mean it's bad...

Guest Andreas of Amygdala

Well the prophecy isn't exactly analog is it? As far as I know, it's the farthest from it... Anyway, who doesn't know and worship the older KoxBox releases? On the Forever After album, and the DragonTales ditto, the most revered synth is the Prophecy. At their liveshows (in the good old days) it was also put completely upfront on the stage, so Frank E would look like a preach giving his services on the Prohecy - matches the name doesn't it?

I've always wanted one, spite the fact that it is monophnic (monophobic - yes I am...) - So if you get a good price on one, please don't hesitate!!

It has some really weird synthesis methods (can't recall witch), that makes it sound pretty unique and a bit of it's own... Which is definently COOL :)

Cheers and squirks, Andreas...

• 1 month later...

proph is a virtual analog with moss synthesis..

get some really awsome psy noises from it, deep, dark..

endless possibilities,

great arp, mod wheel, log wheel with pressure sensitive ribbon

great stuff..

visit the http://www.lfo4.com/ for further info.!!

p.s

theres also a great pc software editor for the proph, which makes life allot easier.!

• 6 years later...