how?

I am a newb and just got reaktor...looked at it and played some with the created snths! thers not much i understand of acually building the synth...

do you all create your own synth or just use premade ??

//////Cal

Guest parhelion

load up a subtractor patch and start tweaking with all of the settings...you'll then get a better idea of subtractive synthisis...and you'll learn what effects the different parts of the synth do..(attack, decay, ect, ect).

ok thanks, i know a some things about all that, but it still seem´s almost impossible to build a synth from scratch. it looks so complicated when you load a synth and then look at how it is created.....but i guess i just have to sit down and read the manual, letter by letter.....sounds like a good time : )

Guest parhelion

heh...i'm an idiot. I though you said reason...sorry.

yeah, reaktor's more complicated. I could never create a synth like the ones included either. But, I have found the tutorial synths to be pretty helpful making simple stuff.

Well, a synthesizer is a pretty complicated thing... :-)

I think a good way of learning of how to build a synthesizer is to learn how they work, like what is the LFO and what does the frequency modulation actually do to the wave. There are alot of things to learn, but when you know this kind of stuff you'll find it much easier to understand what you need to do to create your own "magic box". I think you might find a lot of info on the net, and probably in the manual as well. Good luck.