Need some tips on...

Guest Lifeform

Use a Noise Wavform and adjust the 1st osc cutoff all the 100%, and the resonace about 25%... Then. adjust the main cutoff to the entire board to about 25% and the resonance to about 50%. Put the the filter envolope like this...

Attach 0, Decay 100 (100 being all the way up) Substain 100, and Release 0... Same for the Amp Envolope 0,100,100,0... Maybe adjust the release alittle to get some extra tone. Only use the first osc for this. Add alittle echo and use the octave of C6 or C7 ... Lower note sound alittle dull. Then you could run it thru some distortion, chorus, and a BIT of reverb/delay to roughen it up alittle bit. This is the way i ussually create snares and percussion sounds. Try those settings on your board and then tweak it till you get the right sound. Hope this helps a bit. Maybe to discriptive but give it shot. Peace-

Guest etherdesign

I dunno.. white noise always produces such similar results.. go to www.e-lab.se, grab some free snare samples and mess around with them, I guarantee you will get much better results with them than with white noise, at least dynamically.. if you're looking for a rather thin and synthetic sound then white/pink/brown noise is ok, but effecting samples is much better imo.. get the natural and synthetic snare and hats sounds there.. and they may sound great in your mix already.. perfect, but if you need a mod specific sounf, always go to the eq first, to see where it sits best in your mix.. after that, add some slow phasing to make it dynamic, or some LFO modulated filter (highpass, bandpass, lowpass, notch, your choice).. if you are not satisfied, try this formula.. good eq, reverb, distortion, noise gate with quick decay and maybe some autopan 50% left and right on the LFO.. the important part is the noise gate after the reverb and then slight or total distortion.. very low decay times on the percussive parts.

Guest Lifeform

That's always good too Etherdesign. A good friend of mine is a amazing drummer and i ussually borrow his kit and sample it. I was just suggestion some synthetic options.