Cubase or Logic? (Yes Again)

Guest Jikkenteki

This question has been asked a few times, but it has never been answered well enough for my liking. I am planning on buying one of these two programs and am wondering on how the differ and what their strengths and weakness are. I would like it if people who know them fairly deeply answered and not just "I tried one and it was hard so I use the other". I have messed around with cubase some, but have not had the chance to use Logic so I am especially interested in how it differs. Especially in the user interface realm of things. Initial ease of use is not a major concern (I've been doing music for 12 years and I doubt one program is going to turn me any from it now), but I don't what a program so complex it kills the creative process. I have a good friend who says that Logic is much easier to use in terms of actually creating music, but since everyone is different I want some other opinions.

Some background info on how I will use these guys. After having experimented with soft synths and such for the last year, I have decided that hardware is still the primary way for me so I will be using which ever of these programs I end up with to control a whole mess of synths and samplers via midi with the occasional plug in synth or effect as well. I generally prefer to record in a semi live type, one take situation so I would mainly used the software for sequencing the main parts (drums, bass, etc) but then run some of my other synths on pattern mode and improvise and tweek on top of the foundation, thus I would mainly be using the soft for sequencing, but these programs mastering capabilities, etc are also of interest. Thoughts, comments, suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Jikkenteki