Distortion

Gonna pick up a new distortion unit in the next few days and i was wondering what you guys used and what you think is the best to run digital appliances through. I dont plan on spending more than 100 dollars on a single distortion unit, so if you have any suggestions or ideas, enlighten me.

Etherdesign... If you read this. I took your advice and picked up a Big Muff Pi. Only problem is that i'm getting a really shitty sound out of it. Really loud hum in the background which really causes a problem when recording, and a really unclean distortion, not really full. In the little manual it says make sure your pickups are proporly grounded or whatever.. Got any advice to get alittle better sound with it?

Guest etherdesign

You're going straight from the synth to the pedal, right? No kind of amplification? Sounds like either a wiring problem or a faulty unit.. Do you have alot of stuff plugged into the same outlet? I get no unintentional noise from mine..

Well, i got it pluged into my mixer's effect send and return, then going into my computer from which i monitor. I tried playing a guitar thru it and it sounded better, but not alot. And yes, i do have lots of stuff pluged into 1 or 2 sockets. I'll have to play with it, i'm sure i'll get it sooner or later. Thanks though man.