Check this out !!!!!!

Guest Elysium Project

Well there's nothing wrong with mp3 (I have said that all the time).... I just dont agree on the download issue......

If I am going to buy the iPod it's because I can record all my legal bought CD's to it.......

Guest etherdesign

The thing is.. Apple is one company.. and PC is like a thousand.. there are similar products out on the market.. although this one seems a bit superior.. but if I am not mistaken, it will also work with a PC, since firewire is a cross-platform industry standard, and it doesn't say, but I suspect it cannot tell what platform the file is coming from since and mp3 file is an mp3 file any which way.. looks pretty sweet though.. in a perfect world, one has both.. mac for it's stability, cycling 74's pluggo, absynth, vocal writer, and a PC for the odd directx plugins, and PC-only VSTi's..

Guest Elysium Project

No it will only work with a mac and their new software iTunes.... sorry PC folks.. The whole 5 gigabyte harddisk in the iPod is also Mac...

Guest parhelion

Elysium Project: Apple isn't the first to develop (if they even did) a hard disk that size. IBM intruduced a hard disk smaller than a piece of currency (quarter, $0.25 USD) that could hold Gigabytes (don't remember exact capability) of data a couple years ago.

I've heard this mac vs. pc argument for too long in my life and I don't want to get into it, but I would like to say that PCs have a purpose (like this message board or a million other servers)....and there's far superior OS's for PC architechure than microsoft develops.

-jeremy

Guest Elysium Project

Well apple is sure the first to put a 5 gigabyte harddisk into a mp3 player......and to enable people to transfer 1000 mp3 tracks to it in only 10 minutes.....

yeah elysium, i saw a promo one in an apple store, here in melbourne, fucken awesome! copies a whole cd to your ipod in 10 secs (prolly at 160kps tho =( )

and yes, there are probaly better os's for windows, but if they aren't supported by any software, than whats the point.

and yeah, etherdesign, i wish i had access to those pesky vsti's that never make it to the mac =(

I've never used vocal writer, have to fire it up.

Ooooooohhh absynth - what a machine!

Guest Elysium Project

well didge you can also transfer in a higher rate..... it will take a bit longer though....... 15 min or so... :-)

By the way apple is far supirior whe it comes to technology..... they introduced these technolgies which the PC world only now is getting their eyes open to:

USB

Firewire

The fastest processors (And yes the so called meghaertz excuse is over.. Mac G4's are much faster (200%) than the fastest pentium PC.... even PC World admit it now....

OS X (Speaks for it self).

and

Build-in CD-RW/DVD-RW (I still would like to see a PC that have all these things build in for a reasonable without charging 6000 - 8000 $...

I guess I am a passionated Mac user......:-))

APPLE is not NEW technology.

it's far better for audio production and more reliable, and you might be able to get some more hardware for it:

but i wouldn't consider it far more "advanced" :-)

(by the way B&O was sentenced to follow the order of selling their stuff at stores like MERLIN here in denmark)

so now all cases with "set prices" from the company will fall to the ground, in a matter of time.

so in a short time, the mac prices will fall to the right prices instead of the prices that apple dictate now!!!!! :-)

YEA, then i might buy one.. :-)

but im a gamer, and i prefer my pc anyway :-)

but i might change to linux, as i found some progs, that work just like cubase now :-)

i just need some nice audio editors, then you got it.

but now microsoft is going to share info about thw WIN PROG CODE. then linux might get fully compatible.

so win progs in linux, YUM YUM

all my progs now, in a much safer system.

kick ass! :-)

Kristian which sequenzer do you use by the way?

i work with cubase, mainly because i like it :-) (and i paid for it) :-)

Guest Elysium Project

To vasyachkin.

That mp3 player is using USB to transfer it's music..... way to slow..... The difference between the 2 players are:

The speed (Firewire is way faster than USB) and the fact that the apple also can be used as a mobile storrage for your software/ files ...ect..

The design..... Apple design (in my mind) is much more interesting....

Take care :-)

Guest Elysium Project

I was refering to all the above feautures not only DVD-RW.... CID......

Anyway I am not trashing PC's they are good for things that mac's aren't....

Guest vasyachkin

Elysium, the idea is that with this capacity you only transfer ONCE so speed is irrelevant. besides, there is a hard-disk-based mp3 jukebox for PC that can be used to store non-audio data as well, i don't remember which one it is though

Guest vasyachkin

i have to agree though, this IPOD is very nice. but PJBOX was around for quite some time now and IPOD is new so its not quite fair to compare them. Apple may have the lead in this race for now but pretty soon it will probably lose it again

Guest spirit_dancer

why the hell are macs sooo damn expensive?!?!?...i would get one if it cost as much as a pc..but i ain't too rich...so i'll pass...