cakewalk 9!

Guest tripped

HI all, I am moving from Impulse traker to some more serious programs, for that i have on my computer 2 programs: cakewalk 9 and cubase 5, i need to shose one of these ...... for cakewalk i have good tutorial so i decided to learn cakewalk.

My quastion is: Is this program is good and can itmake the same effect and options like cubase ???

I have used both those programs. My opinion is that Cubase is a bitch to use, it crashes and is not very userfriendly. Cakewalk is very userf friendly and never crash, but it is much more limited than Cubase, cake do not have VST effects or instruments, it does not support asio drivers either. Cakewalk Sonar (the next version after 9.0) is using the new DXi format instead of VST instruments. IMO Cake sonar is the best sequencer today.

Guest Elysium Project

Rikard...The reason why Cubase is crashing is propperly because you need a better computer or because your version is cracked.... I use both Logic Platinium and Cubase and none of them ever crashes...... I reccomend Logic Platinimum.

Yep, people generally like Logic and Cubase better than Cake.. but i cant understand why. Cakewalk is much easier, it is the most userfriendly of these progs imo. What does cubase have that Cake sonar does not? I got the answer: an illlogical interface.

No, sonar is not more limited. With cake sonar its all there, ´soft synths (dxi), wdm drivers..

It seems Cubase is more popular in Europe, and Cake is more popular in the US. Is this because Americans are more stupid and want an easy program? (joke)

Im gonna try logic some time again.. i have tried it before but i did not understand whats so good about it.. oh, i liked the feature that u can have several tracks of matrix wievs besides eachother. I use almost only midi, hardly no audio or softsynths at all, and i cant imagine what moer midi tools there could be that is not in cake?