xt or q synth?

Guest jakemyth

Just wondering what the opinion was on these two beasts from Waldorf.....am going for quite a dark sound to compliment my other synths ............I unfortunately can't afford both! Thanks. Takeiteazy.

I haven't tried the XT only the Q..and i can say it kicks ass..really hard =)))... but Waldorf says the Q is better and if you gonna buy one Waldorf synth let it be the Q...i am gonna buy one i June when i graduate from School...so you know what to do...

PEACE!

Guest etherdesign

They sound completely different and do different things.. Q is analogue modelling and XT is wavetable.. XT is good for odd basses, bells, strange leads, pads, and sound effects.. it can sound very dark since it is more of a synth for industrial than psy IMO.. Q is better for analogue type stuff like typical psy sounds, but if you already have some analogue or VA synths.. check out the XT, you can get some crazy sounds out of it that may fit right in the mix with your other synths..